Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:57:54 PM EDT
Any of you guys know a good place to pick up a couple hundred rounds of sub-sonic 5.56mm/.223 at a reasonble price.

I have looked all over littl rock with know luck, even at the gunshows.  I can get it from trents in JB, but as much as I like trent a person, his damn sub-sonic rounds are a little steep.

I can order them online at a good price, but since ive never order ammo online I dont know if shipping would be way high or not.  Which would make it worth ordering or not.

I am a rookie reloader also, I have all my equipment but i have been told that reloading sub-sonic is very tricky which is why most reloaders dont even try it.

So any good suggestions would be appreciated?

m4geek
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:04:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Trent is out right now, and can't get a line on when the new ones will be in. (the company keeps saying 2 weeks)

Otherwise, you should be able to get them online without shipping being too awful bad.

I've asked about reloading subsonics.....after all the "It's pointless, get a 22 comments" they usually said it couldnt be done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I also get the "its pointless, get a 22cal" all the time.  But the guys that are saying that didnt buy a M4-2000 suppressor either.  Most the guys I have spoken with apparently thought I just wanted to shoot subsonic rounds to kill off the crack from it breaking the sound barrier.  So of course they then bring up the 22 comment.  I actually want to shoot them through my suppressor.

I actually have a 22lr conversion kit for my m4, but it is not same as a full 5.56mm subsonic round.  There is just a certain amount of sweetness that you dont get with the 22lr!!

Thanks for your reply anyhow.  I think I am going to attempt to reload some.

But if anyone else knows where you can come by some for a decent price, let me know!

m4geek
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's what I came up with online last night

These are a little expensive, but dang are they nice. Almost hollywood quiet.TTI

These are a wee bit more then the others. I don't know much about them. I know their handgun subsonics are hard to beat though. EBR

If you have any luck reloading some, let me know. Thats something I'm gonna persue in the spring, i hope.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info and links.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top