Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/13/2005 7:57:54 PM EDT
Any of you guys know a good place to pick up a couple hundred rounds of sub-sonic 5.56mm/.223 at a reasonble price.

I have looked all over littl rock with know luck, even at the gunshows. I can get it from trents in JB, but as much as I like trent a person, his damn sub-sonic rounds are a little steep.

I can order them online at a good price, but since ive never order ammo online I dont know if shipping would be way high or not. Which would make it worth ordering or not.

I am a rookie reloader also, I have all my equipment but i have been told that reloading sub-sonic is very tricky which is why most reloaders dont even try it.

So any good suggestions would be appreciated?

m4geek
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:04:36 AM EDT
Trent is out right now, and can't get a line on when the new ones will be in. (the company keeps saying 2 weeks)

Otherwise, you should be able to get them online without shipping being too awful bad.

I've asked about reloading subsonics.....after all the "It's pointless, get a 22 comments" they usually said it couldnt be done.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:24:29 PM EDT
I also get the "its pointless, get a 22cal" all the time. But the guys that are saying that didnt buy a M4-2000 suppressor either. Most the guys I have spoken with apparently thought I just wanted to shoot subsonic rounds to kill off the crack from it breaking the sound barrier. So of course they then bring up the 22 comment. I actually want to shoot them through my suppressor.

I actually have a 22lr conversion kit for my m4, but it is not same as a full 5.56mm subsonic round. There is just a certain amount of sweetness that you dont get with the 22lr!!

Thanks for your reply anyhow. I think I am going to attempt to reload some.

But if anyone else knows where you can come by some for a decent price, let me know!

m4geek
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:28:12 AM EDT
Here's what I came up with online last night

These are a little expensive, but dang are they nice. Almost hollywood quiet.TTI

These are a wee bit more then the others. I don't know much about them. I know their handgun subsonics are hard to beat though. EBR

If you have any luck reloading some, let me know. Thats something I'm gonna persue in the spring, i hope.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:40:24 PM EDT
Thanks for the info and links.
Top Top