Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
pg 2 bump

kid just texted me, AK Regional has a positive and there are 2 possibles at ANMC
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, just got the email from work
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe less than a month before lockdown or measures enforced, clench your b-holes Arfcom boys
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 2:21:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Work re-upped everyone's n95 fittest today.  I was told the company I work for will be handling patient transports if they go to a quarantine site away from the hospital.

St Elias specialty hospital is taking temps of anyone that is entering to include healthcare workers.

Palmer Fred's restocked tp last night when I was there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:14:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm a volunteer chaplain at ANMC and was just told today that all volunteer activities are canceled as of tommorow, including chaplains' visits.  I get wanting to restrict the number of non-essential activities, but I'm not sure spiritual care is something that should be cut at a time when some people have increased anxiety.  And I can only speak for myself, but I'm pretty meticulous about handwashing and contact precautions before, during and after my visits because I don't want to carry anything home.  I suspect most chaplains do the same.

All the pastors in town are discussing contingencies of what we should do differently this Sunday, or if we just make the jump to meeting electronically.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Can we just blow the bridges and let the people of Anchorage fend for themselves?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:19:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can we just blow the bridges and let the people of Anchorage fend for themselves?
View Quote
Im down, will 100lbs of tannerite worK?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:20:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm a volunteer chaplain at ANMC and was just told today that all volunteer activities are canceled as of tommorow, including chaplains' visits.  I get wanting to restrict the number of non-essential activities, but I'm not sure spiritual care is something that should be cut at a time when some people have increased anxiety.  And I can only speak for myself, but I'm pretty meticulous about handwashing and contact precautions before, during and after my visits because I don't want to carry anything home.  I suspect most chaplains do the same.

All the pastors in town are discussing contingencies of what we should do differently this Sunday, or if we just make the jump to meeting electronically.
View Quote
Choose your words more carefully if you want to keep your access here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wouldn't want to cut off the rest of the railbelt from the main airport and sea port.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sad to see the restriction.
Religion is very big in the native community.

The should have been able to have modified visits. No kissing icons and things like that or do a deep clean on the items.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't want to cut off the rest of the railbelt from the main airport and sea port.
View Quote
We are part of the port mackenzie master race.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#12]
School district just extended spring break for another week.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Deleted
View Quote
Uhh, nice response?

I am in both the medical field and a youth pastor.  Comparing a hospital chaplain to the religious cult in South Korea is absurd.  He was talking about visiting people that have requested him more than likely and would be wearing the appropriate ppe just like the hospital staff not relying on God to protect him.

With that said I understand that additional restrictions would be required.  The AK native populations do seem to have a higher than average susceptibility to respiratory diseases.  Perhaps look into speaking and praying with them telephonically.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Im down, will 100lbs of tannerite worK?
View Quote
I really need to step up my tannerite game.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I really need to step up my tannerite game.
View Quote
The cure is in your avatar.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#16]
TP at North Pole Safeway was dwindling as of yesterday, and Costo and Safeway in town looked like the day before Thanksgiving.

No TP, no Lysol wipes, and handsoap, etc.

Are people just doing this as some sort of ant colony mentality?
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:32:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I am thinking that if somehow this blows over by the time summer rolls around the amount of soap dumped in the anchorage landfill that it will be almost pleasant to drive past.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 12:36:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm going grocery shopping as usual tomorrow morning. Hopefully it won't be bonkers at Costco, but if it is I'm still going in
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:32:50 AM EDT
[#19]
“Gov. Mike Dunleavy issued the first statewide mandates regarding COVID-19 Friday, including suspending student attendance at all public schools in the state until March 30.”
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:43:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Office max has a few boxes of Pinesol in the top rack, I had to use a ladder to pull the inventory down and open it. But its about the only product left in town on shelves that will kill germs

join team  Covid19_alaska on keybase
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:02:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:17:47 AM EDT
[#22]
From ADN:

"Alaska’s first positive coronavirus case identified as pilot on cargo flight"

I figured it would be someone in a brown or purple uniform.  Good thing the foreign pilots aren't drinking at F street.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#25]
My gun store was closed on Friday due to teh Coronas so I couldn't get my lower.

Otherwise, I have enough beer and TP to ride out the apocalypse but I really wanted that lower...
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Retail workers are over extended, I had one day off and got called in i will be on 56 hours this week and not off until next Fri. If people are worried now wait until the long term supply situation hits. Us Alaskan retail guys have to send our orders one week prior, so all we can do is be reactionary to this shit. I fear the amount of scratches coming. Tell anyone that you know that will listen to STOP THE FUCKING PANIC BUYING.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#27]
If you and the wife bought some fake beards you could easily triple that stash. But then you'd have to open a store. Tough to name though. Maybe try '10 rolls below' or 'Alaska Toilet Paper'.
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If you and the wife bought some fake beards you could easily triple that stash. But then you'd have to open a store. Tough to name though. Maybe try '10 rolls below' or 'Alaska Toilet Paper'.
View Quote
I’m not a Chody!! Lol

If I really wanted to make some money, I would hoard all the Arizona Green Tea for when a certain someone runs out...
Link Posted: 3/14/2020 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like Providence is setting up one of those drive-thru testing centers at the corner of E. 42nd Ave. and Lake Otis in the UMed district in Anchorage. Signs and tenting went up overnight.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 1:41:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Covid ambulance
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#32]
My old roommates wife was the one in Fairbanks getting tested the past two days... bet he was biting nails, they have a 1 year old daughter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Had everything but 7.62x39 today.

Running very low on bulk .22 and all 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/15/2020 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Arctic man and a whole bunch of other stuff coming up in the short term are cancelled.
Safeway is sharply limiting restock orders and I’m hearing distributors are back ordered until May on some stuff.

If the weather is nice Tuesday I’ll be out away from the computer, enjoying the sun, and getting range therapy. Life can’t all be insane.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 6:01:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'm not a Chody!! Lol

If I really wanted to make some money, I would hoard all the Arizona Green Tea for when a certain someone runs out...
View Quote
Good thing i don't drink that. Buy all the green tea you want. :D

Run out?? I'm stocked up. Not because of the panic, just because i buy it in qty when i do. I don't have a problem. I can stop any time i want. STOP JUDGING ME!!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 3:55:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The cure is in your avatar.
View Quote
Hey hey hey, I put my pants on the same as you, one leg at a time...
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
FMH announced a case a few minutes ago. Details still unavailable.

Edit: 2 different positives. Sent home to quarantine.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 11:55:41 PM EDT
[#39]
And so it begins. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#40]
And I was beat.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn it
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Students from boarding schools will be sent home soon.
No regular charter flights from Mt Edgecume like normal.
Kids will be sent on regular flights.

Tough part is my oldest was told to quarantine but we will all be home. Even my 73yr old dad.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#43]
2 positive at Fairbanks Memorial
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Loading up on essential rations.
ETA: The Mike's are for my wife I SWEAR.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 1:24:47 AM EDT
[#45]
I cant wait to see the stores tomorrow. The Bently Mall Safeway and Costo looked like the day before Thanksgiving all weekend long and also today.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/354072/received_668428403928586_jpeg-1319558.JPG
Loading up on essential rations.
ETA: The Mike's are for my wife I SWEAR.
View Quote
You got as much toilet paper as I've gotten the last few trips to the store. I didn't hoard it because I figured it wasn't going to get that serious in Alaska. haha I'm solid on baby wipes though.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You got as much toilet paper as I've gotten the last few trips to the store. I didn't hoard it because I figured it wasn't going to get that serious in Alaska. haha I'm solid on baby wipes though.
View Quote
I bought 2 big kroger packs of TP when I started reading about this shit on GD. My wife thought I was looney tunes when I told her to take money from savings and buy a months worth of groceries.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Dine in and bars shut down statewide effective 5pm tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Dine in and bars shut down statewide effective 5pm tomorrow.
View Quote
Just saw that too, also theaters and places like that. Gonna be a lot of babies born 9 or so months from now, I bet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 12:04:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I bought 2 big kroger packs of TP when I started reading about this shit on GD. My wife thought I was looney tunes when I told her to take money from savings and buy a months worth of groceries.
View Quote
We bought three kirkland cases when we first payed attention to it.
Should have bought more with 4 women in the house.
Caught us low on flour,rice,sugar but we will make out.

Power company,city have shut their offices to the public.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top