Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2017 1:36:25 AM EDT
Recently moved to Anchorage area, where do you guys get your ammo?  When I was CONUS i purchased in bulk, but so far haven't found any good sites that ship here.  Do y'all purchase ammo locally, or is there a good site I can use?  I am mainly looking for .223 and 9mm/45.  Appreciate any suggestions!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Generally you can't ship ammo up here. I've heard there's a way to and obviously the dealers can. Alaska Ammo is a good retail store to buy from. They have the best prices I've seen 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll check out Alaska Ammo, appreciate the info!
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll second Alaska Ammo.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 5:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I find that Cabelas cycles most of their inventory through some sort of sale pricing pretty regularly.  The trick is to get a few of the gift cards that are marked down 18-20% that you see listed on Slickguns and use those to purchase stuff when it's on sale. That should give you the best price in town.  

Also, Alaska Airlines allows you to check up to 50 lbs. of ammo per flight.  If you travel to the lower 48 for work or to visit family, you can arrange to have places like SG Ammo ship it to you at a friend or family member's address and then bring it up with you.  Or if anyone comes to visit you, have them bring ammo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 3:56:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Third for Alaska Ammo on Commercial drive.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Is Alaska Ammo where GraniteClimber set up shop?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:16:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
You mean the guy who went around to the Walmarts in town wearing different disguises so he could go to each counter and get his limit of .22LR with his sammich maker?
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 8:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You mean the guy who went around to the Walmarts in town wearing different disguises so he could go to each counter and get his limit of .22LR with his sammich maker?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
 Thats him
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Otherwise known as douchebag.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 1:33:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I like to maintain an air of impartiality . But yeah .
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Sales at Cabela's the best prices I've found.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:30:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck Chody.....

Buy at Cabelas or Sportsmans.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 1:35:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Otherwise known as douchebag.
View Quote
And those threads weren't as bad as his hometown forum post about his hotel job at the time that he deleted later.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 3:08:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And those threads weren't as bad as his hometown forum post about his hotel job at the time that he deleted later.
View Quote
Gun deals in the parking lot on the clock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Gun deals in the parking lot on the clock.
View Quote
I was thinking of how he was slandering guests by name and insinuating that they were committing multiple crimes while staying.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#19]
. GraniteClimber:

"2900 bricks of 22lr going on sale today. Limit 3 per skew. Walmart opens at 6am.

Just pulled up at 4:15 am.

I am really confused because no one else is here yet. I expected a line of 20+ people already."

"My friend and I rotated around through the cashier's and taking off jackets, glasses, etc and proceeded to buy a bunch more bricks. At one point my CC declined because I was running it at the same store for the same amount multiple times. lol.

In the end we scored 72 bricks for a total of 31,464 rounds of 22lr."
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#20]
If you travel to the lower 48 for work or to visit family, you can arrange to have places like SG Ammo ship it to you at a friend or family member's address and then bring it up with you. Or if anyone comes to visit you, have them bring ammo.
View Quote
I'll second SGAmmo, like AKPadre says. Sam and Lala Gabbert got the best prices going.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top