Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2010 3:33:50 PM EDT
My uncle who taught me to handle pistols, was a bullseye shooter. Being old school, he had one of those wooden/homemade looking boxes. Been wanting one ever since.

I've looked into it and most are aluminum or plastic. The few wooden ones are "custom" and way too expensive...$200+ before shipping. Just wondeirng if anyone in Hawaii would want one (locally made)?

I only ask because my grade school classmate and best friend is a carpenter (cabinet maker). With the economy being what it is, he's been on and off jobs for awhile and has 2 little girls to support. I'm going to ask him to make me one. I'll post pics of it once done.

If you're interested in something like this please let me know so I can give him an idea of how many he might end up making. This isn't a EE/classified ad just getting an idea of interest and hopefully be able to help a buddy out. I'll give him your contact info to work out details for customized ones. Email me (and name the price) and I'll pass the info along. Also if you have specific plans or drawings for one, that'd probably help.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about (I know he can make the box. You'll need to get your own mount for spotting scope):

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on cost I might be in for one once I complete my move to Hilo in nov.

Keep us posted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top