Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2006 6:41:33 PM EDT
Just looking if someone had any inside advice, could touch/see the tools you used.  I bought  a kit and have most of the tools but just wanted to talk to someone who's done it.  Any good place to get a decent price on a park job around here?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My partner is a C2 and I got my DLO 1919A4 from him.  It had been shot just enough to ensure proper function then he took it down and reparked it all so it looked brand new.  He also builds suppressors, SBS's, and works on NFA and does custom finishing in Duracoat.  His name is Bob Klauka of R&M Enterprises (907)457-3295 but he is based in Fairbanks and his full time job has him out of town every other week.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.

If I can do it, anyone can.
I completely laid waste to the rivets- I thought about pulling them and redoing it but why bother?  Ugly but works.  So yeah, can't answer your question RE:parking either, I'm just going to keep pouring 90 weight on it  :)
http://www.cornbread.com/~jhinkle/guns/1919/19192.JPG
Of course the tutorial on www.1919a4.com is where you should start but it really isn't that great- you have to read a lot into it.  But don't worry, it's easy once you figure out what you're doing.  Easier than the AK builds I've done.  You will definitely want to build a set of spade grips to go with it, the standard trigger is horrible after 50 rounds or so.
The only 'machining' you have to do is make clearance cuts on the sides of the barrel extension, bolt, and trigger housing in order for them to clear the 1/4" hump on the inside of the semi-only sideplate, and to mill the sear slot in the bolt larger so it'll only take the semi sear.  The sear cut is the only one that's somewhat 'critical' and it's easy.  I did all the work with a drill press with one of those cheapass milling tables bolted on.
I've been meaning to take better pictures with directions but was cameraless during the build.  Got any questions, feel free to email me at jason at subguns.com

Some more explaination of the build here
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:14:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, but wheres the crank adapter?

I have been pouring through 1919a4.com. It looks simple thats why i will try it.

I ended up buying 2 kits. I think the first one I'll just Gunkote. I might park the 2nd but well see. It seems these things work just fine without parking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Spade Grips, yummy.  Could never understand why the original trigger was designed that way, get spades.  Here's mine.

Sorry for the spot but if I see her I see red anyways
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top