Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:55:52 AM EDT
Alaska - Confiscation of Firearms - House Bill 400

Details of the bill

First glance at something like this tells me it's not a good thing... It's as if we are agreeing that the Second Amendment is not valid, and this bill will make our right valid. They would then believe that at a later date they have the right to void the 2nd.

(Though, I do like the part about Gov. officials forfeiting their position if they try to confiscate our arms - And in all honesty, that is all that should be passed, plain and simple.)
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:23:34 AM EDT
http://www.akrepublicans.org/coghill/24/spst/cogh_hb400.php

read this and understand what this bill truly means. nothing to be scared of here.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:41:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/25/2006 5:42:17 PM EDT by mopeman440]
Ummm, were we reading the same thing? Where did you get that our guns would be confiscated? This bill is to protect us if a state of emergency is declared, the government can not come into our homes and take our guns, just like what happened in New Orleans. There are a lot of states passing bills like this to protect the law abiding citizen, and to keep themselves form getting sued!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:17:57 PM EDT
It's fine..
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:26:12 PM EDT
It's a superfluous support bill to ENSURE gun ownership by individuals against the state in an emergency situation.

I was like reading it fast and saw;

Coghill

North Pole

Republican

House Majority leader

implication this is an anti-gun bill...........

DOES NOT COMPUTE

And reading the whole thing, it isn't. Republicans here are like Republicans on steroids, not always a good thing. But when Democrats in KA make a point to show they like guns and pack, pretty safe to say AK Republicans are pretty much pro-gun.
Top Top