Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:48:57 PM EDT
I have a deal pending where the shipper is not certain on how exactly to ship a handgun from Hawaii. He has a FEDEX location at the Lihue airport that he can ship from, but isn't certain they will ship a Handgun. Anyone have experience with this. Any help would be appreciated.

THX
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:05:20 PM EDT
H ewill need a copy of either his FFL or the FFL of the dealer that the firearm is being shipped to.
Some FEDEX sites requrie an inspection of the gun before they will ship it some don't.
Without the FFL dont waset any time. Mine wont ship a paintball/bb gun without an FFL. As I was told, they dont care what the law says, its their policy.
It will also have to go overnight express.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:21:34 PM EDT
Only it must go to an FFL in your State only. ( fax copies or on file are allowed, some will not accept it).
Private carrier's own policy is Overnite shipping for PISTOLS only , this is not a Federal Regulation. Only FFL to FFL is allowed thru the USPS system.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:04:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/25/2006 12:09:20 AM EDT by mikesredbronco]
ffl to ffl would be the way to go like suka said but I think ups would be abetter choice ,my friend only used ups to ship guns out from here cause fed ex would always give him a hard time about shipping guns, also a couple of times they said NO! Also ups is only about 100 yards down the rd. from fedex.OH ya if he dosent know anyone with an ffl he needs to see philip at yoshimura store in kapaa,nowthe only gun shop on kauai,all because of the guys with ffl dealing out of their homes.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:26:38 AM EDT
It's done, thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:24:47 AM EDT
Once you get the FFL from the BUYER.
run ez Check from the ATF home page. to make sure it is a current legit FFL.

Some FFL are Fake and some just expired...(like a C/C or Driver license)
ATF . ez-Check
Top Top