Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:15:29 AM EDT
.416 Barrett Press Release

The new .416 Barrett cartridge is a result of the request for a medium/heavy sniper rifle/cartridge combination that was issued from Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center in late 2004. Barrett designed and is now producing this new cartridge and chambering the M99, single shot for it. The M82 semi-auto rifle will be available in early 2007 in .416 also. The .416 Barrett uses a 400 grain solid turned projectile and produces 3250 fps at the muzzle. Accuracy of course depends on the shooter, equipment, ammunition and the weather but in factory tests the .416 has shown itself to outperform the .50 caliber BMG at long range.

This combination of the M99 and the .416 Barrett cartridge will also provide an extremely efficient long range package for the shooters in states where their 2d Amendment rights have been illegally discarded. The long range shooters in California will now have a round that outperforms the .50 BMG past 300 meters and will give you a truly legitimate 2000 meter rifle.

The M99-416 package is available through FFL dealers who may order only through RSR Wholesalers. The system comes with rifle, rings, 10X 3200 Bushnell scope, hard case, cleaning kit and 40 rounds of factory ammunition. It will be officailly released during the 2006 Shot Show in Las Vegas. A complete write is in the new Barrett Annual 2006 which will be on the news stands in early February.

Barrett Firearms Manufacturing, Inc is the producer of the M107 long range sniper rifle for the US Army, USAF, USMC, USCG, and Navy. The M107 is also used by over 47 of our Allies. Additional information can be found on Barrett website after February 14, 2006: www: barrettrifles.com
MSRP $3700

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice...  

Even though it should never come to that.  I may have to buy a Barrett just to support that company.  I mean hell, they seem to support us.
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nice...  

Even though it should never come to that.  I may have to buy a Barrett just to support that company.  I mean hell, they seem to support us.
~Dg84

I'd really wish if they would have a slightly more affordable price range on a some pieces.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#3]
How about the 338 Lupa Mag.

Armilites AR30

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this rifle is leass about Crane development and Much Much More about saying FUCK YOU California and LAPD
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
.416 Rigby dies and bullets are readily avaliable.

How would the avalibility and cost of the 416 Barret brass measure up?  This will definatly be a FU Hawaii & HPD gun for me.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 3:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think this rifle is leass about Crane development and Much Much More about saying FUCK YOU California and LAPD

That's what I was thinking too...  
~Dg84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top