Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 4:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 7:14:48 PM EDT by Norge1956]
Anybody live in this area or know about it ? I was checking out some land that is for sale..

Thanks

Just noticed my post count 556
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:34:33 PM EDT
Is this Crown Point below Moose Junction?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:46:42 PM EDT
Moose Point, Kenai Peninsula, Alaska any help ? I sent you the link -thanks
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:48:02 PM EDT
I just got your IM. That is a very nice area, it is also very rustic. To access the area you park in Captain Cook State Park and take a 4 wheeler or snow machine North past Gray Cliffs up towards Chikaloon Flats. You are very close to Anchorage, but without a Skiff or Plane you are a very, very long way from Anchorage. There is Gold in the area, plenty of Moose, Bears, Wolves and Fish by the gazillions. I think you can also access this area from mystery Creek certain times of the year.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:22:51 PM EDT
BTW Let me check a few things out and I'll get back Moday afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:18:10 AM EDT
The borough is selling off land in Grey Cliffs, isn't it? 1 acre lots for like $2500 or so, last I saw.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:14:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2006 7:15:37 AM EDT by Norge1956]
land for sale <Click
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:54:18 PM EDT
dumbasses...all those glamour shots are nowhere near where the land is at. KFNP is on the other side of the peninsula.

Owners are in Colorado.

www.borough.kenai.ak.us/ has a database and a bunch of other goodies.

parcel lookup shows that it assessed at $6200 bucks, and for some reason it is not taxed, more than likely because it has been designated a conservation are by its owners or something, which can be changed.

Parcel Number: 02543211
Owner: <removed>

Tca - 55 Ownership Code - 40 Usage Code - VA
Property Type - R Acres - 18.11 Voter District - N1
Number of Structures - 0 Land Value - $6200 Structure Value - $0
Exempt Amount - $6200

Legal Description KN0840065 T10N R08W S31 MOOSE POINT SUB LOT 11

This Parcel has no structures

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:59:20 PM EDT
I did a little research to see if that area had changed in the last few years, it hasn't. The area is still accessed by 4 Wheeler (ATV) from Captain Cook State Park which is located about 35 miles out of Kenai. There is a Pipeline right of way which runs North to and through Moose Point, this and the Beach (depending on the tides) are the only access. A young person in very good shape who knows where they're going can make this run in about 2 hours if the tides are right and the weather is perfect (doesn't happen often). As Yekimak said the areas you are seeing pics off are over on the Prince William Sound (Seward), there is no reasonable access to these areas from Moose Point, even though they are fairly close.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:48:23 PM EDT
You guys are great

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:14:26 PM EDT
YEa, I thought Rabon was wrong for a bit and I went back and re-checked and realized that I did not recognize any of the road names, and then realized that those roads do not exist.

Did they mention that there was not a fooking road to the place in the ebay ad? I think I would be pissed if I had bought it after they inpmied there was and find out later that there ain't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:51:01 PM EDT
Whats up with the high price ?

No roads or electric and it doesnt even have a access road to the land!

I am kinda shocked at the price.

Oh well, again thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:34:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Norge1956:
Whats up with the high price ?

No roads or electric and it doesnt even have a access road to the land!

I am kinda shocked at the price.

Oh well, again thanks

Most land here is expensive, especially when served by the road system. Raw land near Kenai/Nikiski/Kasilof area that has road access is at least $5000 an acre, my chunk in near Kenai is assessed at $8000 or so, acreage in Anchorage in a residential area can be as much as $100000 an acre. Around here it is $10,000-$60,000 an acre depending on where and how much you buy at a time.

it may seem expensive right now, but I bet if you hold on to it it will be worth 10 times as much in 10 years or so, or even more. The Kenai Peninsula is beginning to grow because all of the cheap land in Anchorage and the Valley has been swallowed up and prices are skyrocketing in those areas, so people are moving out, and the Kenai area is swelling with an influx of people, those who work on the slope, those whose jobs are in demand anywhere, and retirees who are looking to stretch their dollars out further and still live in Alaska.

But I have to say, the jerks selling that plot of land are misleading folks. There is a line at the bottom that says access is by atv, but elsewhere they imply that there is road nearby when there is not. At most that land is worth $9000
Top Top