Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2006 8:40:44 AM EDT
If CCW was approved, what will be your options to carry and Holster? I dont think Open carry is an option in Hawaii.
What do you  want to carry and what is already in your inventory?

I have a Jericho 40 or SIG 228 and would carry that. But wish for a HK P7 or FN-57 if I can afford them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:55:53 AM EDT
[#1]
id probably carry the p2000 9mm or usp45, with leather iwb holsters. both are already what i carry around the house. the p7 would be nice to carry in one of those holsters that takes about 8 months to get and $$$(think its called a desanti?) id also have a good look at carrying the fiveseven if it was comfortable and 20 round mags were allowed.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:04:05 AM EDT
[#2]
My HiPower .40, its lighter than the 1911 with smoother surfaces so it wont grab my shirt like the heavily checkered MSH and gunner grips on my 1911.  Ive already got a Milt Sparks VMII for the 1911 that fits the BHP nicely, was my carry piece in Texas.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I really love my 1911, but would have to say that for a CCW the nod would go to my Glock 19.    I know, Col Cooper just rolled over in his grave, but I'm just being honest...

Copperhead

BTW, NF9648 are you a member of the Schofield R & G club?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Sig P239 in 9mm.  It's ready to go, and might have been CCWed already.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, I really love my 1911, but would have to say that for a CCW the nod would go to my Glock 19.    I know, Col Cooper just rolled over in his grave, but I'm just being honest...

Copperhead

Nope, but need to get signed up, Ive been lazy.  I need a closer place to shoot than kokohead, how long is the rifle side on Schofield?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:58:34 AM EDT
[#6]
don't have anything for ccw.  it would boil down to sig/hk.  not sure what my gf would have.  she likes the sig 229/226 9mm so probably that.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Copperhead

Nope, but need to get signed up, Ive been lazy.  I need a closer place to shoot than kokohead, how long is the rifle side on Schofield?

Well, regular rifle & pistol is shot on CR2A so I would guess as far as you want.  Most shoot at 100 or less, but you can see clearly all the way into the impact area.  You probably need to let the RSO/OIC know how far you want to go (within reason).  There are some old FA hard targets that are out at 1200 meters or so that are in the impact area and between the barber poles so they are would be in play too if you wanted to stretch out a .308 or something larger...  I shot there for the first time last weekend as a guest (I have since joined for the proximity & convenience) and only shot at 50 yards to rezero the irons on my M4A2 clone (Santose IBSZ).  Today I went to the combat pistol (also at CR2A) and had a blast.  Combat pistol is just starting up again and needs more members.  I think we had a total of about 10 out there today.      
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:09:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Copperhead

Well, regular rifle & pistol is shot on CR2A so I would guess as far as you want.  Most shoot at 100 or less, but you can see clearly all the way into the impact area.  You probably need to let the RSO/OIC know how far you want to go (within reason).  There are some old FA hard targets that are out at 1200 meters or so that are in the impact area and between the barber poles so they are would be in play too if you wanted to stretch out a .308 or something larger...  I shot there for the first time last weekend as a guest (I have since joined for the proximity & convenience) and only shot at 50 yards to rezero the irons on my M4A2 clone (Santose IBSZ).  Today I went to the combat pistol (also at CR2A) and had a blast.  Combat pistol is just starting up again and needs more members.  I think we had a total of about 10 out there today.      

Where did you sign up at?  Ill sign up this week if work permits.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Where did you sign up at?  Ill sign up this week if work permits.

I printed off an application from their website then took it to the combat pistol shoot and gave it to one of the club officers there.  From what I understand the application/membership thing is very slow from turn-in to getting a card issued, but once you turn in the app with your $, you are considered a member and can shoot at any club event.  Shoot me an email and I'll forward the schedule to you if you like.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#10]
in case you need it, Schofield Rod and Gun website:  www.orgsites.com/hi/schofieldrgc/
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Kimber 1911 or a Glock 23

BTW - I am almost ready to move to a gun friendly state.  I have lived in Hawaii for 18 years and my wife was born and raised here.  It's a hard choice to move but we are ready to make it.  The wife wants CCW even more than I do.

We are looking at Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Nevada

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Kimber 1911 or a Glock 23

BTW - I am almost ready to move to a gun friendly state.  I have lived in Hawaii for 18 years and my wife was born and raised here.  It's a hard choice to move but we are ready to make it.  The wife wants CCW even more than I do.

We are looking at Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, and Nevada

No Texas?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I have hi-powers in 9x19 and .40 S&W that I'd likely use, the  problem is I'm usually in shorts and t-shirt.  I may have to acquire one of those NAA derringers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#14]
If we could get the "assault" pistol and high cap mag laws repealed I would have no problem packing one of these under a jacket, Ive already got the kit to make one...

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:22:58 AM EDT
[#15]
SP89! With briefcase option!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:54:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Operational Breifcases are an AOW under NFA.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Operational Breifcases are an AOW under NFA.

Ah, but remember there is no law on the books for Hawaii regarding a AOW...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top