Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:27:38 AM EDT
I needed a few parts for some exotic firearm of mines.. (pre 89' sights and grips)
Just a heads up if anyone need to order things from Europe or CIS.
Beware of any NFA parts., (such as the teacher from Nanakuli with the AUG FA triggerpack ordered from EU) although legal to own, it CANNOT be imported becuase its a "complete breech mechanisms" as mentioned below.
Oh yea Nxxx Weapons and Aircraft Carrier do not need a permit  Go figure??

27 C.F.R 47.41
Permit requirement.

(a) Articles on the U.S. Munitions Import List will not be imported
into the United States except pursuant to a permit under this subpart
issued by the Director. For articles subject to control under parts 178
or 179 of this chapter, a separate permit is not necessary.
(c) A permit is not required for the importation of--

(1) (i) The U.S. Munitions Import List articles from Canada, except
articles enumerated in Categories I, II, III, IV, VI(e), VIII(a), XVI,
and XX; and
(ii) Nuclear weapons strategic delivery systems and all
specifically designed components, parts, accessories, attachments, and
associated equipment thereof (see Category XXI); or

(2) Minor components and parts for Category I(a) and I(b) firearms,   except barrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breech mechanisms   when the total value does not exceed $500 wholesale in any single transaction.

---------------------------------------------------------------
9. Under Arms Export Control Act regulations in 27 CFR 47.41(c), a permit is not required for the importation of:.........

....... Minor components and parts of Category I(a) firearms, exceptbarrels, cylinders, receivers (frames) or complete breechmechanisms, when the total value does not exceed $100 wholesalein any single transaction. The $100 wholesale value supersedes the previous dollar threshold of $500 wholesale in any single transaction
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top