Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:48:01 AM EDT
Don't know if any gun shops are open today, so I figure I post the question here. I was going to send my rifle to a gunsmith on the mainland for work. Must it go through an FFL here or can I send it straight to him? Also when it's returned.

thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:41:28 AM EDT
If the service or gunsmith has a current FFL it can be directly mailed to him. Only one on either side must have a FFL. Since the firearms is already LOGGED in HI coming back , it can be directly shiped to you.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:44:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 9:45:15 AM EDT by newbie]
That's what I thought. Figured you would reply. Now, just gotta find a box for it.
Anyone you would recommend. USPS/FedEx/UPS?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:52:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By newbie:
Figured you would reply.
Thanks.

HAHA , Really ..... Cheers

If its a Rifle any type will do.
USPS will not ship Handguns for Non Dealers (only FFLtoFFL).
average shipped for UPS or FedEx is about upper $20.
USPS priority confirmation tends to be alot cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:55:24 AM EDT
Cool. I knew there was some kind of weird rule about shipping a firearm. Rifle is going to a board member here for work. HateCA. He does awesome re-finishing work and he has his own design Rem 700 bolt mod. He'll be installing/chambering a barrel and truing the action.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:04:33 PM EDT
As long as youre not giving or selling the firearm to the other party out of state, you dont need to mail from an FFL. Every professional gunsmith has a FFL so sending to a gunsmith for any work shouldnt be a problem unless you encounter a jackass behind the counter when you drop off your gun to ship. My M1A is going to Smith Enterprise after Christmas for a 18" barrel and professional fitting of my Smith mount to the Sage EBR stock. I cant wait to get it back and beat up the gong at kokohead.
Top Top