Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2005 12:12:47 AM EDT
Please list companies which you have done business with who will ship to AK/HI utilizing USPS without nailing you for extra handling fees.
Chris

Link Posted: 5/9/2005 12:15:13 AM EDT
All companies listed at this website will ship USPS, to APO/FPO (obviously) but also to AK/HI. www.shopapofpo.com/
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 5:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2005 5:40:14 PM EDT by Shadowblade]
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
I didn't know that about Brownells.

Have some stuff I need and Midway wants 50% of the cost to ship (yes I confirmed over phone with them). Brownells also carries it. Will place my order tomorrow.
Thanks
Chris
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 2:22:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 3:38:26 PM EDT by Homeka45]
Have had stuff shipped priority mail to hawaii by fulton armory and eagle firearms. Also +1 on brownells for their low shipping rates.
ETA: RB Precision, midway
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 10:12:42 AM EDT
CMMG

They are great!
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:52:21 PM EDT
Bravo Company .
Plus Paul will go the extra mile to walk you thru everything and sends emails out in the middle of the night .

Cav arms .

I don't know if magman counts as a company or not , but he will ship up here with out any hassle also .

And for anybody looking for ammo . AIM will drop ship to Sealand in Seattle and you can have it sent up thru them .

Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:59:45 PM EDT
I'm a new FFL and will have my Class III SOT as of July 01.

You tell me the cheapest way to ship it (USPS or whatever) and I'll ship it.

Excess handling fees? Unless there's something REALLY weird going on, it's the same distance to my post office from my house no matter where the package is going!

I'll ship anything that's legal via any legal method-- ammo, magazines*, firearms, parts, scopes, NFA stuff*...

*HI: Your rules come first, unfortunately.

If someone is giving you hassles about shipping, let me know. I'll order it in here and ship it out to you!

Starving for business,

Mike
Link Posted: 6/5/2005 11:23:22 AM EDT
I've seen UPS ship Air(Blue Label) to Anchorage on there convential system then put them in the regular Post Office for the rest of the journey to bush locations hence the term we use for the UPS auger of 2nd month air. No wonder they are Brown.
I've used Brownells for years because of there flat rate policy which is really unusual because of the many that use shipping and handling to pad there profit margin and actually believe we don't notice it. I believe that when the policy makers examine the effect of AK and Hawaii on there bottom line they decide to auger us in hopes we will go away.
I've found many that will not ship other than UPS, Fedex or anyone else who picks up at there door every day. Standing in line at the Post Office on a recent trip to Anchorage made me understand that a little better. I've also been through the lost insured parcel thing with the Post Office and it is beyond Brown.
When I look at the total package and see traffic, taxes etc. a little Brown in the shipping area is just part of the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 7:56:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2005 7:58:16 AM EDT by BU2MuktukJoe]
Gun parts guy

www.gunpartsguy.com

Free shipping all 50 states USPS to Alaska.

I have ordered a few times over the past year, received orders within 3 days every time. James replies to emails within hours and when you call he picks up the phone himself.

Can't say enough: friendly service, low price guarantee, quick to ship.
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 8:43:00 AM EDT

I've found many that will not ship other than UPS, Fedex or anyone else who picks up at there door every day.

Thats an urban legend of sorts or simply a bullshit line to cover them. USPS will pick up at your door (within reason I guess for you bush folks)
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 8:51:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2005 11:12:27 AM EDT by sahicap]
Mooney's firearms

He will do about anything you ask him to. Great prices and great customer service! He even covered th shipping for me but I added him because he sent it usps.

Mooney web site

Please not that the prices on the site are not what you will pay they are "MAP" so if you ask for a quote he will always send you a better price than what is on the site. For instance the RRA entry tac I got from him was 850.00 shipped to alaska not the 865.00 listed on the site.

email-sales@mooneysfirearms.com

If you don't see it on the web site just shoot him a email. The samson FF rail (was 239.99 installed!) and the PRI front flip sight (had been installed but was like new for 75.00) he installed for me was not on his site but he had them in stock.

I can't say enough about this guy.

Also you can check out his adds on the EE because he is a deal for this web site.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 11:50:45 PM EDT
Have a link or contact info for Mooney's?
Chris
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 11:08:40 AM EDT
info added!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:01:12 PM EDT
Bravo Co. USA, CMMG, DSG Arms, and CDNN have all shipped to me WITHOUT excessive shipping charges.
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 6:14:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2005 7:29:43 PM EDT
Thanks SKD

I also wish to add Cabelas.

I ordered 86 pounds of buollets and it was a flat 12.95 shipping. Best part was they shipped it 2 day air (though I believe that was a mistake) as they had quoted me 14-21 days on shipping time.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/2/2005 1:44:36 PM EDT
Midwayusa(kinda), Brownells, SKD Tactical, Triad Tactical, CMMG, Bravo Company USA, Sarco inc, G&R Tactical.

SKD has the goods though!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/22/2005 4:01:00 PM EDT by doorgunner84]
www.rimfiresports.com, www.ergogrips.net
Shipped my trigger USPS. As a matter of fact it was free shipping!
~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:03:20 AM EDT
If you need parts from Wilson Combat check Northern Security and pay no shipping charges. Only con is it may take a little longer but you don't pay until you pick the parts up. I was suprised how good these guys are.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:27:46 PM EDT
www.rbprecision.com/

RB Precision ships cheap and great service as well. I've taken to asking immediately when I talk to a company what their shipping costs to Alaska are. When I don't get the right answer, I ask to speak to their supervisor. If that doesn't work, I ask to speak to their owner. Only get the Supervisor half the time, only talked to a few owners. I've had mixed results. A few times, I've shipped to my Brother in Utah or Sister in Oregon so they could ship it through the post office. Absurd. What a bunch of ignorant people.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:02:05 PM EDT
NW tactical
John is a great guy and orders usually get here w/n 1 to 2 days -priority mail-shipping free

www.wideners.com flat rate boxes rock for heavy stuff
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:45:19 PM EDT
Looks like TheTic00 on the EE is good to go through also if you need any TDI stuff .

Also www.armynavysales.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=01

Army Navy sales .
They ding a little , but not alot .

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:58:32 PM EDT
if you can get what you need through amazon.com, they have some free super saver shipping option. to get it you have to do the one click ordering, and go back and change the shipping option to the free super saver. once you figure it out its easy. got free ups shipping on a 30lb item, probably saved $50-60. take advantage if you can.
Top Top