Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 6:17:00 PM EDT
Okay.  These are pictures from "Joe's Museum".  Joe is a local resident, just a white guy, not a native.  Over the years he has amassed a huge collection of native artifacts, animals, arts & crafts, and other curious objects.  Here are some of the stuffed animals he has.  Check it out!

Black Bear, tiny, but ornery.  Found down south.

Caribou.  Common up here. Bull season always open, limit is 5 a day every day I believe.  These are hunted a lot for subsistance food by the Alaskan Natives, as are the whales, ducks, fish, and other...

Edit:  Whoops, my true ignorance shines through, that ain't a Caribou!  To me, I just classify by size - caribou = small, medium = deer and then elk, large = moose.  Could be wrong again though, it's been known to happen.  However, I DO KNOW WHICH END OF A FIREARM THE BULLET COMES OUT OF!

Next post.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Seen a Muskox?  Here's one.  I think these can be hunted on a special lottery draw, on a very, very limited basis.

I'm not sure what this next thing is to tell the truth.  It's not an Arctic Fox I don't think, looks like some kind of feline (cat)

Now here's a cat for you...What is this?  Is it a Lynx?  Can you tell I am not a hunter???  I am clueless in these areas.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Some kind of varmint...What, a lemming?  A rodent?  One of those prairie dog things that stands up to look around...Hey, cut me some slack, I really don't know sh*t when it comes to animals, I don't hunt I said! Yet...

I'm pretty twisted.  Here is my favorite mount of Joe's.  It's a caribou's back end (ASS!)

Something you DON'T want to see live in person.

Another buddy in a gag shot with previous pic's mounted polar bear.

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Your caribou is really a mule deer, & the standing up critter is a martin I think. Don't feel bad, you know your weapons, & that's good enough for the girls I go with!
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
AH HA! I thought it was large for a caribou, thanks searcher!  The caribou here are mostly pretty small.  However, the moose are HUGE.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Anytime Mike, consider me Searcher @ your service!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top