Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 6:51:04 PM EDT
Just wanted to say a few good things about G & G Retailers in Davenport. I had no previous interaction with them before choosing them for my recent lower transfer from Brownells.

This is a cool shop with a great attitude. Good prices on in stock items (from what I saw....didn't have time to scope everything out) and everyone I spoke to seemed to be good and honest people. Atmosphere was almost like a neighborhood barber shop.....very welcoming. The people I spoke with were very knowledgeable and I wasn't asking questions....just talking about builds and furniture. Hell, if they had a soda fountain and popcorn I could have sat around all day talking with these folks.

While the transfer price was a bit high ($25 vs. the $15 I'm used to), I understand why and wasn't bothered by it. When I walked in, I was greeted at the counter and, after I told them who I was, they knew why I was there.  

After filling out my form and providing the needed IDs, the process was quick and easy (as it should be).

All in all, unless I find a better local shop, this will be my go to place for transfers (as long as they are on file with my online source) and pricing new OTC purchases. IT's a good place and I recommend you check them out if in the area.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I might have seen their ad on tv a couple nights. We don't have any good shops up northeast of there, so I might have to come down to check them out sometime.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen them on TV (but I don't watch much) but if you're on the west end near the fairgrounds then check them out. Mississippi Guns off of Kimberly is good too.....I just haven't done much business with them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 7:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen them on TV (but I don't watch much) but if you're on the west end near the fairgrounds then check them out. Mississippi Guns off of Kimberly is good too.....I just haven't done much business with them.
View Quote
They are actually called Davenport Guns. A little pricey but they are friendly to customers and do have a range to pay for afterall, so I guess paying a bit more for things is a given there, but Janelle has always treated Little Pony and I very nicely. They also always have little things going on around holidays and have reps from gun companies in with free food and such from time to time.

G&G the owner lady (can't recall her name off the top) is also very nice as are the staff. We did have a problem with her father (i think Butch is his name) where Little Pony was looking at a rifle in the back area. He wasnt sweeping or doing anything wrong at all and we were not interacting with anyone in any way and he just walked up to us and took the rifle right out his hands without saying a word and put it back on the rack. Didn't like him in the slightest but don't really ever see him there anymore anyways, and everyone else is nice.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top