Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:40:03 PM EDT
The Princeton range will be closed for at least a week. The DNR has contracted a company to come in and mine the lead and copper out of the berm and land in front of the birm. And they are going to rebuild the berm to stop bullets from going over the hill.

Sucks as this has been where I have been getting my lead for the last 8 years. I have pulled TONS of lead from the dirt that has washed down the birm. I never dug into the ill just out in front of it. I actually built a trommel to help sift the bullets out of the dirt. Then the dirt was thrown back out onto the berm. I told Wade about it and he relayed the info back to the upper management and they found a company to come in and cost estimate on how much lead and copper was there and supposedly the  company is not charging the DNR for this they are to get a certain % of the profit on how much they take out. The rest goes back to the DNR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
You may have dug some of my lead out of there from 1986-1996. Sure shot a lot out there as a young man.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Shot back there in the 70's.  A lot of that lead is mine.  

Did my fair share of excavating back then.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:06:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw the machine sitting out there on my drive home in the afternoon. Kinda figured that's what was going on. 

Hopefully they do do a good job of redoing the berm when they pile everything back up. 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Seems like a good idea for the state, free hazmat fix, lead being generally bad for the environment.  I left a lot of lead there myself.  Got to have good berms too, I'm sure the SDZ there is a lot larger than anyone that shoots there thinks.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top