Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 9/10/2010 7:43:51 PM EDT
was wanting to shoot IDPA with my S&W j frame so that I can get some shoot on the go experiance with this thing.  Is that a possibility?  dont want to worry about score just figured its a good way to draw shoot and move with reloads
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody complained when I did it a year and a half or so ago.  Of course, I haven't been back in a year and a half, so I hardly have my finger on the group's pulse.  Even though it's been a while, I have a hard time believing anyone in the Ames group would be anything other than supportive of you showing up with a j frame.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess the biggest problem would be trying to leave my pride in the truck  LOL
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I guess the biggest problem would be trying to leave my pride in the truck  LOL

It gets easier after the first time.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:55:18 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, 1911 i can shoot great, just cant carry one due to injury during a rodeo siatic nerve problem, the J frame I can hit the paper just not nice little groups like the 1911, it annoys me
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#5]
IDPA is designed to hone your skills.... Use whatever you carry. It was designed to be less of a 'game' than some other disciplines.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top