Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
is anybody going to the show?

septic arent you supposed to be getting a new upper at the 4h building this weekend?

Just curious if anyone will be ther eon friday night, i know that i will be.  sounded like nemolicious might be also.

lemme know.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there Saturday.  It's time to finally get around to my sniper rifle :)  I'm thinking an FN SPR or PBR.  I really want the SPR A3 but it is a hefty chunk of change, but so beautiful.

I really really want a Sig 556!!!!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

septic arent you supposed to be getting a new upper at the 4h building this weekend?

Brett

well, well...  look who grew a sense of humor...  

so i pewed the scrooch...  sometimes i wish things were the way i want them so much i assume they'll magically transform into reality.  that seems normal enough to everyone i talk to about it...  i suppose i'll stop by the 4H building regardless, just to see if this is a vast left wing conspiracy to keep me from my precious gun show...  no way to know until i get there....

if anyone sees a bargain at adventureland, post it...  i'd like to go spend some more money i don't have.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I doubt I will be there, but will get in touch if anything changes.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
i will post sometime friday night if my time allows for it........

im sorry for picking on you,AGAIN septic....

Brett
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:23:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I might have to make it over there.  I have a Rem 700 in 300 mag I need to sell or trade.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to be there Saturday morning.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a note:  

Septic tank referred to the 4-H building.

That is at the Des Moines gun show at the Fairgrounds.

The gun show this weekend (Feb 24-26) is at Adventureland, NOT the fairgrounds.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#9]
reaper, yeah it was an inside joke between a few of us........we just like to raz septic about stuff.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn BB, when do you sleep?

I just finished loading up a wide range of .38 that needs some testing.  I am fresh out of brass, and need to shoot some more empty.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Did you make it tonight?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#12]
yeah i made it last night.  it was an alright show........i have a couple new range toys.........i think i might need to invest in another calibe conversion for that dillion 550 that i left at your house yammer.  i will also need to pick up a set of dies and bullet moulds im afraid.   probably need a new barrle so that i can shoot cheap then too........45 shells cost alot more than the 9minimeters do

Brett
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:39:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I wish you guys would stop leaving stuff with me.  

What did you end up with?

I already have .45 dies, and I don't even have a .45.  Although I see myself moving that way, it wont be anytime soon.  They're yours until I find a .45 at the right price.

I also have a scheme that I will tell you all about next time we get together.  Don't spring for the casting stuff quite yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#14]
i'll accept the 45 stuff as a peace offering towards the correcting of the "beta c affair," as it has become known...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I finally got a chance to make it to a show!  I was there looking for an FN PBR.  I found a few, but not for the price I could get them for on gunbroker.  I happened across a Savage model 10 20" with a choate dragunov sniper stock, harris bipod, and simmons 3.8-12x44 scope.  I decided that this was going to be my new baby and had to bring it home.HereI just can't wait to shoot it tomorrow.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/ozzy1038/Sniperrifle01.jpg
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:56:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice find ozzy.  Good to see that someone else is going to make it out shooting today.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
managed to get there today and ran across coltgunner while making the rounds...  

i found what i considered a real bargain, but didn't have the scratch with me to pick it up.  i ran across an HK Tactical new with soft case, accessory kit, and two 12round mags - $900.00...

oh well...  can't win them all.  

i also picked up some cleaning stuff i'd needed for quite some time.

good times.

s.t.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
i almost bought that 45 on friday night, but they didnt seem to want to work with me on pricing.....so i ended up with a glock......

i got to do a bit of shooting yesterday.  i blew through about 100 rounds of 45 in the new glock, and 100-150 rounds of 9mm in the other glock, and about 150 rounds of 223 while sighting in and playing with the Eotech.  i love all of those smile makers.  i had my 11  year old nephew behind the trigger hitting silloutes at about 15 yards(he was better withthe 45 than the 9).  but yeah it wasnt a bad show.

i also went to the show in ft dodge on saturday.  i wish i wouldnt have spent my wad of cash on friday night as there were some damned nice finds up there.  i did manage to pick up some post ban glock mags for the 45 up there 10 rounders for $10 NIW.  i thought they were worth it.  but it was a good weekend.

now i am ready to go shooting

Brett
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I got my shooting in today as well.  I am going to have to sneak up to Sportsmans and pick up some powder.  My wolf is getting thinner, and will soon be a thing of the past.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#20]
ended up with a surefire  fore rail for my ar but thats it

I did get t finally handle a XD 45 acp looks like thats in my future

still looking for a Garand
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top