Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:58:43 PM EDT
Since almost everything in the store is 10% off I picked up a couple of thousand primers and another conversion kit for my 550b.  I am tickled about the discount on Dillon stuff, as when I called ahead they said it wasn't included.  Got there and it turns out the guy on the phone last night didn't know what he was talking about.

Since I am a fari weather blaster, I am going to take the opportunity of this cold ass weekend to put some more ammo together.  Although I have kind of ruled out going out to the garage to cast .40 like I had first envisioned, I am going to spend some time putting together some .223, 7mm rem mag, and (probably) 38spl and 357 mag.

By Sunday I am hoping all I will need is some more brass and a 357 mag to go with some of the bullets I plan to put together.  I have already sized about 60 lbs worth of .357 lead swc, and the primers are going into the 7mm rem mag brass as soon as I hit "submit."  The fumes put off by the liquid alox are getting strong and I am on a roll.

Can I get a WOOT!?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#1]
hey i think i need to throw a copyright on the "fari"........cool news, and i just got back from the bar so forgive any typing errors.  i have been keeping track and i have already had to use the whole delete button thing about 17 times in this post so screw off.........what caliber conversion did you set up for?, i might be down if it is 223.........Brett
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
.223 it is!
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:17:59 PM EDT
[#3]
By the way, Sportsman's has gotten out of casting stuff.  They no longer carry liquid Alox, or several other casting related items that they used to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#4]
7mm rem mag is primed.  Will mess with the powder tomorrow when I am not tired.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
i miay have to make a trip down sometime to load some 223.........;)

Brett
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, slept in this morning.  2PM and just wiping the sleep out of my eyes.  Got the taxes done and verified last night/this morning though.

Quoted:
i miay have to make a trip down sometime to load some 223.........;)

Brett

You should.  You may save enough time over the single stage to make the trip worthwhile.  Heck, I am already going to be reloading your brass.  Thanks for once firing it for me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:24:23 PM EDT
[#7]
so whats the deal with sportsmans, they having a big sale today?
Brett
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
it is 10% off everything in the store, with some exceptions.  I am not sure how long it is going for (maybe today, maybe tomorrow, maybe until the 25th), ran across the sale while on another board and followed up with a phone call and visit to the store.  Since I spent more than my allowance I can't go back.

You may want to give them a call for details.  The Ankeny store's number is 515-963-3500.

You would not believe how many bullets I have resized.  My arm is starting to feel like it did when I first learned (and got hooked on) playing darts.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:09:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Sportsmans Warehouse, Exit 90, Ankeny
10% off this entire weekend

I'm planning to go on sunday and buy me a gunsafe. Any volunteers to help carry it to the basement. Free hotdogs to sooth the sprained back.
Actually, I plan to store it in the garage till it's warmer outside to mess with it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#10]
well my plan to get there tonight failed, so i get to go tomorrow and the wife is staying at home.......now i  just need to figure out how to get all of my new purchases into the house when i return.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
well my plan to get there tonight failed, so i get to go tomorrow and the wife is staying at home.......now i  just need to figure out how to get all of my new purchases into the house when i return.

Brett

take them to a buddies house...  bring them into the household in stages, or move the entire shipment while the wife is away...  been doing it for years with over an 80% success rate...

or, you could send her on a vacation and do it up right...  i'm sending the wife to vegas thursday for a four day weekend with her friends...  i got cheap airfare and a buddy runs the hotel desk, so...  i plan on bringing several items onto the property and moving some items from the cubby holes in the garage into the house...

good times...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm with Septic.  Take it to a buddy's house, leave it there, bring it in in stages.  You can leave it here, and I won't tell a soul.  However, you may eventually get home with considerably less powder.

Septic and I were buddies until I got his beta.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
well i got to bring it all inside tonight, she was happy with me when i asked permission about a few ites(they were denied).......oh well.  then later when i told her about the deal i could have gotten on that dillion 550 she was mad because i didnt buy it.......aint life a bitch.  well i am hoping to be ready to do some shooting soon.  next time is at septics place right?

Brett
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#14]
hey yammer,

i want my beta back - i'm willing to be buddies again, provided i can melt a barrel with it...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
You didn't get the 550?  DAMN!  After I talked to you I figured it was close to a sure thing.

The bright side (for me anyway) is that you won't continue to police your brass as much as if you had spent the coin.

I agree, it has got to be getting about time for some more shooting.  A funeral is bringing family into town this week, so this weekend is bad for me.  However, I wouldn't be against the weekend after this one (March 4 or 5).  As spring approaches Sundays are starting to look better than Saturdays to me, but I am not married to them.

Waddaya say Septic?  If you are interested, do you want to drive or stay home?

Someone want to pick a date?

I reread my first post.  I never did get a woot.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#16]
woot...

i'll even go a step further and give you a woot, woot...

what did you have in mind.  i have a funeral friday...  people dropping like flies around here...  so next weekend if nothing is going on, what does a guy need to load up .223?  do you have any of the goods?  what did you reckon we'd do?

let me know...

maybe i'll have my .204 by then and can tear it down after break in for some serious cleaning as well...

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:44:05 AM EDT
[#17]
I still have @500 wolf left, so .223 is not a problem for at least a couple of hours.  I have the makins to reload .223, but didn't get around to it this weekend like I initially hoped.  Actually, I think I need powder, but that can be easily fixed.  I don't know how much time I will be sitting on to spit out some cartridges in the next two weeks, so I am not sure how much of the non-reloaded stuff I will have to pass around.

I don't have experience reloading .223, and would not be willing to pass around reloads.  I am willing to stake my fingers and good looks on a mistake, but I am not willing to stake yours.  That said, my commercial ammo is your commercial ammo  

(FYI: You have an open invite to my loading bench if you want to load your own and thus make any mistakes attributable to your errors.)  I will show you everything I know.  However, be advised that almost everything I know about reloading was learned from the internet.  It must work, because caution has kept me intact so far.

I am all about sitting around while you break in that .204.  I am sure BB is ready to get out and fire up that AA powered Eotech.

I would even be up for some shotgunning.  How are you sitting on throwers?  I don't remember if you said whether you replaced your broken one.

Since it sounds like your week is eerily similar to mine, I vote for Sunday March 5, unless someone can come up with a reason for a different day.  Whether or not you are hosting is entirely your call.  It matters not to me which direction I drive to go shooting.

My main interest is that a ball gets rolling for sometime in the near future.  It would be very sad if the next time I shot with you guys was at the spring shoot.

By the way, thanks for going above and beyond on the woots.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]

I am all about sitting around while you break in that .204.  I am sure BB is ready to get out and fire up that AA powered Eotech.

well, provided the AA batteries last longer than the N version, which coincidentally is about five minutes, that sounds good.

I would even be up for some shotgunning.  How are you sitting on throwers?  I don't remember if you said whether you replaced your broken one.

i have set-down style double thrower, so half of it still works.  i also have to single ground units.  we're covered on that one...

let me check with wifey poo on the here-to's and there-for's...  as far as i know that date sounds fine.

By the way, thanks for going above and beyond on the woots.

as for the woots...  i try and exceed people's expectations...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
i got ya one better and i will give ya a "hells ya" in my best cartman voice.

march 5thish, i will check the calander in a while and get back to yous.  

the aa sure do last longer.  i have been intentionally leaving it turned on over night.  i think i have done that fro about 6 nights or more now........it still wont even blink at me.  so i will be sure to bring a spare set along.  

but yeah, i am game for whatever......but make sure that every one starts the day with a good clean rifle, we cannot have any more problems like you 2 did the last time

Brett
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
......but make sure that every one starts the day with a good clean rifle, we cannot have any more problems like you 2 did the last time

Brett

no kidding...  i scrounged around and never did find the oil i used for that last cleaning.  i've never had a problem like that before, but obviously neither action appreciated that particular oil when cold outside...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:42:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Have either of you gents talked to the bosses yet?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]
wifey's b-day weekend.  i just picked her up from the airport...  sent her to vegas with some friends to celebrate.  

i'll see if i can make it through the weekend or at least tonight without dropping the "what about the shit i like to do" line on her...

more info to follow...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#23]
stil waiting for my boss to get her schedule

Brett
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top