Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 6:06:30 PM EDT
a few of us from the Iowa HTF have been trying to get together and do some shooting.  we are planning another get togther/shoot on saturday February 4th.  this will take palce at 10:00AM.  the place will be Bays Branch Shooting Range.   this is the same location as the past years spring and fall iwegian shoots.   anyone interested is more than welcome to attend.  i know that Yammerschooner is palnning on attending.  i know that i will be there. i think that spetictank will be there as well.   will you?   it would be nice to have some more of our local "Ar Family" attend as well.
Brett
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#1]
see you at 10am.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
BB, are you going to have that eotech in time?  Only one more day of mail before saturday.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to get out, I have an appointment at 10am, but will try to get out there asap.

Later

Coltgunner
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
BB, are you going to have that eotech in time?  Only one more day of mail before saturday.

i sure hope so.  i am starting to get a bit nervous now.........i really thought it would show up today....

glad to hear that you are gonna come out coltgunner.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
That was a lot of fun.  It didn't end up being too cold, although it looked like it could go that way while rolling out of bed.  Hopefully we will see a few more of you next time.  I think next time someone needs to bring one of those duelling trees.

Good to see you Septic, BB, and crew.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:28:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I think he means a straight post with 5-6 swinging double sided targets. You shoot it on one side and it flips to the other. Generally reserved for pistol rounds in the one I have seen. Wads of fun with a 1911.  The targets swing around a vertical axis 180 degrees and stop. 1 shooter takes anything on the right, one anything on the left. The first to have all targets swung to the opposite side wins.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:32:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:40:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey -
 Sorry I didn't get out.  Other things came up so I couldn't come go.

Cya

Coltgunner
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry we missed you.  We kept an eye out for you.  We will keep you updated on the next time we get together, and maybe the timing will be better.  This is too much fun to save it for only a few times a year.

Quoted:
Hey -
 Sorry I didn't get out.  Other things came up so I couldn't come go.

Cya

Coltgunner

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#12]
you know the old phrase about shooting the bird on the wire, well i think i may have changed that one today.......screw the bird, the wire is a much harder target to hit.  if anyone need that explained to them, ask septic tank, i am sure he will have no problems telling you all about it.

as said before, great fun.  it is so nice to be able to get together with new people who share the similar interests.  hope we can continue to grow this.

Brett
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:00:52 AM EDT
[#14]
taht isnt the case here, just ask septic.    i think he need to describe what happened.......
Brett
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
taht isnt the case here, just ask septic.    i think he need to describe what happened.......
Brett

eat shit...

if you hadn't been heckling me, i could have placed my round more precisely...

for the record - i WAS aiming directly at the wire...  regardless, i think i loosened it up for you a little.  at least that's the story i'm going with...

had a good time.  i was like yammer, i groaned a little when i went outside before sun up...  pretty cold.  ended up being a pretty fair day.  the sun kept us warm and the wind wasn't too bad down in the hole...  glad to see everyone, and i had a good time.  i'm going to have to work on my bump fire technique apparently...

thanks again!

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#16]
oh, yeah...  i took some pics that came out nice.  i'll post them today or tomorrow.

septic tank

also, thanks to bb for having some spare "N" batteries to keep my EOTech running - do yourself a favor and buy the "AA" model...

thanks to yammer for the orange pieces as well.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#17]
i did buy the AA battery, just waiting for it to show up.........maybe i will have a reason to go shooting this week again......

Brett
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i did buy the AA battery, just waiting for it to show up.........maybe i will have a reason to go shooting this week again......

Brett

i'm surprised the mail man didn't drop it off at your house while we were out shooting yesterday...  that's usually my luck...

septic tank
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
i figured that would be my luck as well, but i'll have to wait until next week

Brett
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#20]
hey!

did anyone see my beta c 100 round mag?

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I think I ended up with your beta c.  I guess you are going to need to go get another one.

I took my rifle apart last night, wiped everything down, and put it back together.  This morning when I took it out the issues I was experiencing had gone away, and I ran another 50 rounds through it.

However, I still have no idea what was causing the problem.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]
that is crazy that all it needed was a cleaning.  guess that is why so many think the ak is better than the ar  well at least it is running again

how did crowin go?

Brett
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#23]
The crowing didn't go worth a damn.  We didn't see very many, and I need a louder call.  I did get to shoot up a bunch of old steel shot.  Any wounded ones will die of lockjaw from the rust in what they got hit with.  

I should probably just throw the rest of this ammo away and call it even to have fingers and firearms intact.  As long as it keeps sitting in the garage I keep feeling the need to shoot it, which I know is completely stupid.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#24]
missing beta c in question...

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#25]
pics from saturday

-septic tank
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:10:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!  Sweet pics and I'm sure there will be more people at the next "telephone line" shoot!

its "bird on a wire shoot"....  or "steel from a wire"

Brett
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#28]
another couple of hundred rounds and the plate would have worn out too.  I don't think it would have made it to the end of the day if the wire hadn't given out, requiring trips down range.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#29]
hey, how about my carbine is chocked full of black slime...  i don't remember what kind of oil i used last, but apparently it responds poorly to cheap ass wolf ammo...

i noticed similar slime in my colt and it had only black hills through it with the exception of the 30 or so rounds yammer put through it...  

i was thinking it was shooter's choice or something...  maybe not...  i've been using that M7 to clean everything up now.  sweets 7.62 on the hard stuff, but M7 for clean up and oil seems to be great in everything i've used it in...

all you guys have good luck with wolf or win wb?  

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Once my current case of wolf is gone I am done with it.  Although it is accurate to (in BB's words) "minute of coyote" the dirt and such just isn't worth it.  

Also, after you left we got a really good demonstration of accuracy differences between wolf and wwb.  At 100 yards 20-30 rounds of wwb grouped to about the size of a large plumb.  The wolf, on the other hand, grouped to about the size of a muskmelon.

You will have to forgive me, I am feeling a little fruity with my descriptions.  

Don't worry though, I won't ask you to squeal like a pig.

Too much coffee today.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top