Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 6:30:19 PM EDT
Is there anywhere in the Eastern iowa area, quad city are mainly , thats offer classes on firearms instruction to teach the correct technigues for shooting and hone your own skills?
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#2]
What I'm looking for is mainly anything that deals with rifle, long range short range.  I'm gonna be getting 50 hrs of firearms training as a reserve of the sheriffs office but that only deals with your sidearm and shotgun but not rifle.  So i'll get my sidearm training there but i'd like find somewhere for long range shooting. Upwards of 600meters.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
you might check out what they have across the river into illinois.  try this link  they might have something for you

Brett
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Brett.  I'm going to look into that.   Its half way close to me.  25 min drive maybe.

Matt
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I am a NRA firearms instructor certified in pistol, rifle, home firearm safety, Personal Protection in the Home and certified range officer.  I also teach Utah and Minnesota ccw courses.   I offer a more advanced non-NRA course as well in tactical pistol.  I too am a reserve police officer and patrol rifle qualified.  I have a range at home set up for pistol but with 40 acres I could set something up for close to 600 meters.  I am located in the Iowa City area.  Drop me an email if you're still looking.  [email protected]
Sieve.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I am tactical handgun and patrol rifle instructor certified in the Cedar Rapids area.  I have a guy I work with that is long range sniper, urban sniper instructor qualified and there is a range near marshalltown I have heard of that is 600 yards (never been to).
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top