Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 1/17/2006 11:01:32 AM EDT
Did anyone go to the show at Adventureland last weekend? I've been working on "inside" projects (remodeling a bathroom) and have been sick. One guy I talked to at work went Sunday and said it was slow and prices were cheap. Anyone else see this? Milldude
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#1]
the show was slow but i wouldn't say the prices were cheap so much as the merchandise...  had some junk again.  it wasn't table after table of china made knives for the low low price of $1.87, but still...

i hope this gun show war doesn't screw everything up.  

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun show war??
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
booger has a better handle on it than anyone i've talked to but if i understand it...

basically there are three promoters arranging gun shows in close proximity to one another all on the same weekend.  it manages to dilute each show and as a result we get ten tables full of dimestore toys and "lord of rings" appearing knives...

aka - junk shit...

people will quit going to the shows if they're half full of crap and we all lose...

maybe i've figured it wrong, but it isn't any good for the long term interests of anyone involved...

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to the Adventureland show for the first time last week. I can honestly say that I'll probably never go to the Fairgrounds show again. The Adventureland show had 5 times the firearms, I was very impressed. The Fairgrounds show has gone down hill, half the tables consist of $5 knives, beef jerky, plastic toy trains, and mirrors with your favorite animal on them. It's not worth the time or the $5 to get in.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You drove down from MN to a gunshow in Iowa? Talk about a road trip!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I went to the Adventureland show for the first time last week. I can honestly say that I'll probably never go to the Fairgrounds show again. The Adventureland show had 5 times the firearms, I was very impressed. The Fairgrounds show has gone down hill, half the tables consist of $5 knives, beef jerky, plastic toy trains, and mirrors with your favorite animal on them. It's not worth the time or the $5 to get in.

i rarely miss a gunshow in my area.  i've been going for many years.  this statements surprises me.  the fairgrounds literally has twice as many tables.  the fairgrounds show around thanksgiving is a fantastic show.  yes, there are others around the holidays that are meager, but all in all they have a pretty good following in the 4H building.  even though altoona is closer, they never have enough stuff for me.  

to each his own...

welcome aboard greener556!

s.tank

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top