Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/9/2005 10:42:25 AM EDT
Just looking to see if any Ioweigans are building AK's? I want to try it but would want some help on 1st one. I am by the Quad Cities.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few flats, the rivets, one kit, and us part kit(coming).  I would like to find someone to teach me how to go through the process of building also.  I am in Cedar Rapids and jobless as of Wednesday so I have some free time right now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
and jobless as of Wednesday so I have some free time right now.

you too huh. i havent worked since vets day.

all my kits and recievers are now guns

i live just east of CR
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread. 5isalive, if you are looking for a job, my aunt said Amana's plant is hiring up there. No further to drive to the Amanas than it is to drive to Iowa City. Just an FYI for ya!

For you too Deadslead.

Back to AK talk now.

Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I am in CR and to date have built several romys a yugo and several amd's and I am waiting on receivers for my RPK's.  Booger I will check but I think you could build them as semi's then have them converted by a class 2 and register them as post samples same as converting a MAK into a post sample.

Edited because I hate numbers sometimes
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#6]
also any of you guys have looking for work have military Law Enforcement or armed security experience?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
also any of you guys have looking for work have military Law Enforcement or armed security experience?

yep
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

IM me with your experience And I will IM you back with some potentional opportunities in the upcomming months (locally)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

IM me with your experience And I will IM you back with some potentional opportunities in the upcomming months (locally)

sent
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#10]
replied
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
If you guys get a build going, I'm working on a fixture that will transfer the barrel trunnion rivet hole location to your receiver and set the spacing for your magazine at the same time. Let me know when you do the build and if I have it done, I'll let you guys borrow it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I would be interested in taking part in a build, I'll subscribe to the thread.  Let's do it  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#13]
If the build is on a compatible date and location, I could bring my rivet fixture and 20 ton press. I'm still working on barrel press tooling, making them up as I have time. For the people that have AMD 65 kits. You can make the flashhider/muzzlebreak longer to meet the 16 inch requirement.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, it was a long boring night at work. NO BOSS, Nothing to do. So I built a trunnion fixture to aid in the barrel pin removel, a barrel pin push rod, a barrel press rod and plate,
So I have a
Front trunnion Rivet locating and drill fixture
Barrel pin removal fixture
Barrel removal fixture

Al I need to do now is come up with a rear trunnion rivet locating fixture.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#15]
If you want to do some prep work before a build, if one ever gets together, get a small file and a small stone and remove all the rough edges/burrs from your receiver. Test fit your front trunnion to make sure it fits OK, so the that the folded over lips engages the slot on the trunnion without pushing the receiver out and that everything looks ok. I've got all my tools and fixtures in one spot now, gonna build one of my kits tomorrow to make sure my stuff works.

Some tools you might want to bring:
Safety Glasses
Dremel tool with cutoff disks and sanding pads.
Small Rubber or brass mallet
Small ball peen hammer
Punch, about 1/4 inch diameter
5/32 drill bits
2 ea, 3inch C-clamps
6 ea, #8 machine screws and nuts about 3/4 inch long to hold trigger guard tight while riveting
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be interested if its near the Des Moines area. I also have a few AK kits for sale too, if anyone is interested.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top