Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/8/2005 11:38:28 AM EDT
I would really like to shoot my first service rifle competition this spring.  I'm trying to find information on where and when these events take place.  I checked the Van Meter range website and a few other ranges, they are not very up to date.  I can't seem to find a schedule of  events anywhere online.  Do any of you know when and where the next service rifle competition is?  Will there be more information after the first of the year?  Any info you have on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

PS:  I'm also looking at maybe trying an NRA shooting match, maybe F class.  Any info on those would be great too.  Perhaps we can get a sticky together with places and dates of competitions?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
www.iowahighpower.com/

Yep, not updated yet.

Shok
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone else on the Iowa board here shoot competitively?  If so what do you shoot?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I shoot in a trap league, and I'm thinking of doing a skeet league this next year...

I've also shot small-bore silhouette in the Iowa Games.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Power is a very small group in Iowa.  Van Meter, Oak Hills, Poweshiek County, maybe one or two others.  None of which seem to broadcast much.  Ames Ikes runs a Garand match twice a year.  

Hi Power in general seems to be kind of a closed society.  You really need to look hard to get into it.  Very few ranges in Iowa set up for it (less than a half a dozen).  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
there is also dubuque and maquakota
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#6]
CQB is any battle closer than 400 yards...

Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top