Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:04:17 AM EDT
Anyone else wonder when they see someone shooting an AR if they are a member here?  I was at the Polk City range a few weeks ago and there was a couple shooting their AR's and all different kinds of other guns.  I was shooting next to them thinking, I wonder if they belong to this website.  Then I was the Banner range this past weekend and there was a guy shooting his iron sight AR at 100yds.  I again thought, I wonder if he is a member here.  I should probably just ask, but you get some funny looks from people when they have no idea what your talking about.  Maybe I should get an AR15.com hat or something.  Just wondering if I'm the only one that's thinking that when I'm at the range.
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
last weekend i was at a range in eastern Iowa visiting family,  a couple guys were shooting ar 15 and i think a 50. they was putting small propane tanks inside pumpkins and blasting them. very cool.

i came real close to asking them if they were familiar with this site,
Link Posted: 11/17/2005 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I am used to striking up conversations with others at the range here in DM county. I try to be respectfull and wait until they appear to be taking a small break. I have only met two people who are members of this site, but that was through the hometown forum.

Remember most people are proud of their weapons, to the average person these are not drop-in-the-bucket prices. Ask them a question about some aspect of their rifle, most are happy to share their experiences with others.
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 5:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]

We need a code word to secretly identify our bretheren.  Like "Get Some" or "Have you seen the move Heat".

Shok
Link Posted: 11/18/2005 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We need a code word to secretly identify our bretheren.  Like "Get Some" or "Have you seen the move Heat".

Shok

I LIKE PIE!

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe we should just start posting when we will be at various ranges.  Then anyone else there would know what to look for, or adjust the time they plan on shooting that day.
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#7]
+1
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#8]
How about wearing a AR15.com t-shirt.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there such a thing as a AR15.com T-shirt?
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, the Online Store in the upper left corner of your screen, has t-shirts, polo shirts, turtle necks, and hooded sweat shirts.
Link Posted: 12/1/2005 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm up for
Query "Do you like pie?"
Response "I like pie."
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Just imagine the response when you go up to someone and ask them if they like pie and they just give you that weird stare.  That would be hilarious!  How about... are you ever on AR-15.com?
Just a thought.  I really like the sound of the corn AR though for an identifier, plus it just sounds cool.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top