Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 12/11/2003 4:03:09 PM EDT
Once you obtain a CCW permit in Iowa how long is it good for.  It is good for all Iowa counties right?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, its good for all of Iowa. Expires in 1 year.

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#2]
If you live in Iowa it's totally up to the sheriff in the country you reside, ask them.

If you are not an Iowa resident then it's up to the Dept. of Public Safety in DesMoines to issue permits, then the sheriff's have no say in the matter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]
So after a year do you have to go and take the classes, written test and shooting test again?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:03:32 PM EDT
[#4]
In Polk county, you have to re-shoot every other year.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Whether you have to shoot every year or not is up to your local sheriff, I would suggest you ask him.  If you are a non resident then the Dept. of Public Safety requires the shooting range certification every year.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#6]
So at most in order to renew your CCW permit you have to re shoot every year.  You only have to take the classes and written test once.  Is this right.

Anybody know anything about the sheriff in Wapello county??
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Hint.  A quick call to the sheriff's office would let you know the requirements he sets for his country.

It's not up to us here!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I know I am going to get a handgun permit next week so I'll just ask him then.  I was just trying to get a heads up.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
That would be a good plan. I will suggest to the moderator of this forum he creats a tacked forum with information as to which counties give permits and which do not.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top