Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 7/13/2003 6:26:12 AM EDT
I read the post below about living in Iowa, but I was wondering if there are any others or our ranks in Ames. I will be moving there at the end of this month from Colorado (kinda backwards).

See ya there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:41:15 PM EDT
I believe mad professor and ameshawki are both in Ames. Snipe is about 20 miles away and I'm about 40. Where abouts in Colorado are you coming from?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:51:05 PM EDT
Mad Professor is from a small town near Cherokee, and is currently living in Sioux City while attending school.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:01:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By David_Hineline:
Mad Professor is from a small town near Cherokee, and is currently living in Sioux City while attending school.

Yep

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:17:23 PM EDT
Yep about 20 m away.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:29:33 PM EDT
I'm currently living in Ames, but will be moving to Ankeny (about 15-20 miles away). I love the Ikes Walton range, with up to 200 yds...
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:28:09 PM EDT
Booger-hooker, I'll be comming from Canon City. I haven't seen the range yet, but it will be high on my list. I am still looking for places, so I might end up in one of the nearby towns like Boone, ect.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:05:08 PM EDT
Why yes, as matter of fact, Ameshawki does live in Ames. Owns a black rifle. Will, mine is actually more green than black. Fair number of AR owners in the area.

Member out at the Ames Izaak Walton League. President as a matter of fact, at least until October. Neat place, we do run CMP matches once in a while. Just got affiliated a couple of years ago. For "serious" competition need to go the Des Moines Rifle and Revolver CLub at Van Meter, about 20 miles west of Des Moines. A real 600 yard rifle range. Lots of matches. One, no wait, three matches out there this weekend.

Welcome to the Hawkeye State!

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:45:24 AM EDT
I live in Nevada IA, about 10 miles east of Ames. Ames Ikes is a nice range with a lot of good people. Competitive highpower rifle shooting is done at Van Meter (near Des Moines) but if you like IDPA pistol there are 4 ranges with in a half hour of Ames that shoot these also. Most of those run a 3 gun match at least once a year.

BDM
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:39:24 PM EDT
im moving to Des Moines next month, about 20 min from Ames.

hmm, speaking of that....
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:59:08 PM EDT
BDM, I was just looking at a couple of places to rent in Nevada but ended up getting a place in south Ames. Mabey I'll get to meet you at the range after I get settled in.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Top Top