Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2017 6:50:25 PM EDT
The wife and I will be out west for a wedding in Rapid City this weekend, and I am hoping to maybe make time to do a little shooting while we are there.  We both went to Mines, so I got out to shoot a bit back then but I graduated in 2011 and have only passed through a couple of times since then.  We used to shoot long range out at government field, is that still open for shooting?  I am hoping to bring some steel and maybe try a couple new rifles out to 1000 yd or so just for fun.  I remember being able to get out to 200 or so maybe at Beretta Rd, but it sounded like some idiots ruined that spot shortly after we moved.  Hopefully if Gov't Field is still open it hasn't started to get over crowded and full of trash too.

If those two options are out, anyone have any other suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Beretta road is still used. Not sure what the Govt range is, haven't heard about it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:57:44 AM EDT
[#2]
WAAAYYY too late. Gov't range is G2G, not many know about it.  Its between Keystone and Hayward.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Haha, yep.  I never found anything saying it was closed so we headed out one morning while we were there.  We set steel out from 500 to 1000 and had a good time.  There was a few guys there when we showed up but they were just getting finished.  Otherwise we mostly had the place to ourselves.  I am hesitant to tell people where it is also because it is such a nice spot it would be a shame for it to turn into another Beretta Rd.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Haha, yep.  I never found anything saying it was closed so we headed out one morning while we were there.  We set steel out from 500 to 1000 and had a good time.  There was a few guys there when we showed up but they were just getting finished.  Otherwise we mostly had the place to ourselves.  I am hesitant to tell people where it is also because it is such a nice spot it would be a shame for it to turn into another Beretta Rd.
View Quote
Maybe PM a responsible shooter such as myself Last time I was out in the hills visiting the parents we drove in on some 4x4 trails and found a bunch of garbage, empty icehouse cans, a shot in half tree, and probably a case worth of steel case x39 in the middle of the trail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top