Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2017 3:10:42 PM EDT
Anyone else doing the liberty hunt or early doe this weekend?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I took my boys out this evening but we didn't see anything.   I'll take them out tomorrow evening too.   No mornings because its drill weekend
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#2]
No early antlerless season this year in the DMU where I go deer hunting, so, no.  There wasn't one last year either.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if the bag limits for Liberty and early antlerless stack? Each one says one per hunt, but I have a buck tag and a private land doe tag. Can I only get one deer this weekend, or can I get a buck under liberty hunt and a doe under early antlerless?program?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Too hot too hunt for me!  I probably should take advantage of these early seasons at some point.  I have too many deer on my land.  Looking forward to getting out the end of October.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be in my tree Sunday morning, with a new hunter.  My wife.  

She's always said she couldn't do it, but something changed a few months ago.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Sunday morning I'll be in my blind with my boys.  Hopefully we will see some deer. 
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 2:18:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Wife's 1st deer, on her 1st time out.  

She used to go out with me sometimes, but this was her 1st time on the business end.

Not a monster, by any means, but she was thrilled, and I was as thrilled as I could be for her!!

I didn't have a good view, and thought it was a really wide 4 point that I've had several pics of.  I was focused on talking her thru it, and getting it on video, too.

She kept her cool like a pro.  After he got out of sight, she looked at me said I was shaking.  I was!!  I've killed around 60 deer, and was shaking almost as bad as I was after my 1st.  

That's the exit hole in the pic.  2" 3 blade Grim Reaper braodhead, nearly cut his heart in half.  He went about 40 yards and piled up.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]

I shot this 1 this evening.  7 point.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/Xoa54uW.jpg

I shot this 1 this evening.  7 point.
View Quote
Congrats
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Those hunting in Kent/Montcalm, etc. counties this year might want to look up some changes the DNR has announced due to CWD.  

MI DNR map

Scary stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top