Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2017 3:46:49 PM EDT
I am going to be moving to Michigan shortly. Can anyone give me an idea of what will be required to register several handguns after I have moved?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Complete a RI-60 for each handgun, list yourself as both the seller, buyer, and take to your local law enforcement office.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1645_3500_4615---,00.html
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Ost
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:38:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Complete a RI-60 for each handgun, list yourself as both the seller, buyer, and take to your local law enforcement office.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1645_3500_4615---,00.html
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:41:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You need a CPL to fill the 060 out as the buyer and seller.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:30:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You need a CPL to fill the 060 out as the buyer and seller.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.
View Quote
Is the only way I know to fill it out if you transfer from out of state. He wouldn't have a valid MI CPL anyway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Is the only way I know to fill it out if you transfer from out of state. He wouldn't have a valid MI CPL anyway.
View Quote
You would need a purchase permit from the local police department if you do not have a valid mi cpl.

Also IIRC MI will waive the residency requirements if you have an out of state valid conceal permit, so you can apply right away.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe wait in moving, we may be doing away with pistol registration.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I moved here but didn't bring my pistols :( I'm probably going to bring one or two up soon, maybe after cpl. It would be awesome if they just got rid of registration all together.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You would need a purchase permit from the local police department if you do not have a valid mi cpl.

Also IIRC MI will waive the residency requirements if you have an out of state valid conceal permit, so you can apply right away.
View Quote
I believe Heater is right. The RI-60 can only be used if you have a CPL or have a NICS transaction record from a background check. I believe you will need to visit the local PD and talk to them. I would imagine it would be done on an RI-10 License to Purchase form.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I moved here but didn't bring my pistols :( I'm probably going to bring one or two up soon, maybe after cpl. It would be awesome if they just got rid of registration all together.
View Quote
Registration system is a joke.  None of the local PD's want to even deal with it.  When I hand it in to my cleo he just sighs because it's another piece of work that they have to do and want nothing part of it.

I sometimes wonder how many of these forms actually makes it to the central filing cabinets.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe wait in moving, we may be doing away with pistol registration.  
View Quote
Please do.  What's the most worthy (non-NAGR) organization there? I'll send a donation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top