Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2017 9:12:53 PM EDT
Are the AOW shotguns legal in Mi (all class 3 laws followed)? I read that some AOW's are not legal, but the only example it gave was a Taser. I ask because it would be under 26" so it would also have to be registered as a pistol but I've never heard of registering a shotgun as a pistol.

Also, anybody know of a dealer that sells AOW shotguns like the mossberg compact cruiser? Grand Rapids area or north would be ideal but I'm open to a drive.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:16:06 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, they have been legal here since 05. I have seen people with them at the range, though I don't own any myself. They would need to be registered as a pistol here.

The whole taser thing is complete bullshit. For the longest time they were illegal unless you were a cop. Now they are legal, but only if you have a CCW.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes they get registered as pistols per MI law.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
AOW is gtg but as stated, register it as a pistol. I spent hours with MSP on the phone with paper pushers tail chasing but finally got a definitive "yes, just register it like a pistol afterwards." But thats cool, because you can carry it. I shouldn't have missed out on the $600 remington 870 aow's years ago
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AOW is gtg but as stated, register it as a pistol. I spent hours with MSP on the phone with paper pushers tail chasing but finally got a definitive "yes, just register it like a pistol afterwards." But thats cool, because you can carry it. I shouldn't have missed out on the $600 remington 870 aow's years ago
View Quote
$600? I got two Mossberg 590A1's for $350 otd each. I put in the stamp in late 2105 and got them back in June 2016.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top