Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:01:52 PM EDT
I kind of jumped the gun thinking that suppressers would be included in the original AG opinion and got my sign off and finger prints. Now it looks like it will be awhile until it gets resolved. My question is the CLEO sign off is good for 6 months not shire about the fingerprints. Since I have them should I send them in or sit on the paperwork? I might get my CPL would I need the finger print cards and a photo for this?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:25:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello,
I'm pretty new to this topic, but want to send in a form 1 also.  I've been trying to do as much research as I can before posting.

I did just read at the bottom of the letter from the ATF that talks about them requesting infro from MI about if silencers are included in the change. It does state:

"Applications received by ATF from Michigan residents for items other than machineguns WILL BE HELD until the requested clarification is received from the Michigan Attorney General"

Anyway, I was thinking that you could let them hold it, instead of you waiting to send it in. Thats what I am thinking.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing against sending it but it might get lost, destroyed, etc while in BATFE hands. Personally, I'd wait. The first thing they are going to do is cash your check and if it ends up that you aren't allowed to own a suppressor then you are going to have to get a refund, etc. Yeah its only $200, but its still a PITA.

One way or another, we should have an answer well inside 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks bump0x.

I'm definately keeping an eye out here. I take it that the BATFE is the one that will announce the answer when they hear back from Michigan. Is their any insight to when this descision is planned to be official?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I made inquiry with State Rep Leon Drolet's office today, this is who our silencer clarification request went thru. Leon's aid called me back and said it could be another month before we hear anything from the AG as it usually takes at least 3 months and our request has been in since the 2nd of February.

This is all I can tell you at this point and since the AG was our friend on the MG issue I certainly can't raise all holy hell with them to get it done any quicker. I'll also say this in defense of the AG. Since the issuance of the MG opinion (7183) 9 more opinions of law have been handed down by his office. So I would say they have had a bunch of law work to address and ours should be coming up soon.

Do yourself a favor and make a small donation now to Mike Cox's re-election campaign and a sizeable donation later after you are either happy with him or not. mikecox2006.com

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a tonBustOff. Being new here, I really appreciate the answer that I have been digging for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top