Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 1:38:31 AM EDT
Now that we can get more that just C&R I was looking for more informatoin on if there are any restrictions on where MGs can be fired? I have a back stop at home and usually shot there, just wanted to know if I would have to go to an "official" range.

Jeff
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:05:16 AM EDT
Depending on where you live, you can expect a few visits from your local LEO, State Police or County Sheriff. (or all three)
Neighbors will call and they will respond.
Depending on their knowledge of the laws, you may or may not have a very interesting afternoon.
Most clubs and ranges will not allow full auto.
Ask specificly before you join so as not to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:12:52 AM EDT
Check with Target sports i could have swore i heard one of them say they allow them there.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:28:54 AM EDT
That's what I was afraid of, most of my neighbors don't care that we shoot regulary but a full auto might get someone nervous. I didn't think that there were any legal issues but having LE stop by every time you shoot would get old. I shoot in Sanford and there is a newer range in Midland called the Gun Club and I have been told that they allow up to 50BMG and full auto. I guess now all I have to do is finish saving the pennies and get the form 4 rolling.

Thanks for the info

Jeff
Top Top