Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2006 4:54:29 PM EDT
 I was at the show this weekend @ the State Fairgrounds and ran across something disturbing     * to me *....

A man (speaking in broken English) was practically yelling at a dealers salesperson about not being approved for a pistol purchase, he had applied the week earlier.  I asked the dealers rep what happened and he told me the guy had a MI CCW but no Green Card !!!  The rep told me MI doesn't communicate with the appropriate authorities regarding immigration status and these type of transactions rarely go through, thank God.

How/Why does MI give CCW permits to NON USA CITIZENS ?????? I don't understand !!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
 I was at the show this weekend @ the State Fairgrounds and ran across something disturbing     * to me *....

A man (speaking in broken English) was practically yelling at a dealers salesperson about not being approved for a pistol purchase, he had applied the week earlier.  I asked the dealers rep what happened and he told me the guy had a MI CCW but no Green Card !!!  The rep told me MI doesn't communicate with the appropriate authorities regarding immigration status and these type of transactions rarely go through, thank God.

How/Why does MI give CCW permits to NON USA CITIZENS ?????? I don't understand !!!!

Huh....interesting tag for info
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I highly doubt he could have gotten a CCW without being a citizen.

I thought that was a requirement to get one?

I know a green card at minimum is required to get a purchase permit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Tag for info as I was always told you had to at least be a US citizen to get  a CPL???

I tried to check packing.org but their site is acting up today...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:29:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I know 2 different people that are not citizens but have CCW's.  That's not really disturbing to me.  These guys have lived here almost their entire lives, but are just too lazy to fill out the paper work.  
This did both me.  Years ago (before the new CCW law) I was waiting to go in front of the Macomb County board for my old white card and there were these 2 brothers up front.  The first brother was getting his CCW and the second was translating for him!  He didn't speak or understand English only Arabic!  I couldn't believe it, but the board give him his CCW because he owned a party store.  It's not that I have anything against Arabs in the US, but how is this guy going to do anything but shoot?  He could order someone to stand-down unless they spoke arabic...  That was just silly.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Interesting how one is not required to be a citizen of the USA to reap many of its benefits.

Anyone want to wager that the pending immigration laws will either be useless watered down bills or seldom actually enacted upon/really carried out if they ever do pass?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top