Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for a Gun Safe and have read that Liberty is a good Brand to buy. So I thought I'd ask what others have and where did they get it from. Also is their a company that will move it? I thought I saw a thread about that awhile back but I can not find it. Thanks for your input.

ant
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:46:47 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bigant:
I'm looking for a Gun Safe and have read that Liberty is a good Brand to buy. So I thought I'd ask what others have and where did they get it from. Also is their a company that will move it? I thought I saw a thread about that awhile back but I can not find it. Thanks for your input.

ant

I'm not sure where you live, but I got my safe years ago from Able Safe in Warren, right at the NW corner of 13 and Mound. They also move and deliver. I just got married and moved into our new home, and my safe is still over at my parents house.

When I first bought it, I didn't have it delivered but took is down in the basement on a hand truck. Let's just say that I'm gonna pay someone to move it!

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=able+safe&near=Warren,+MI&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:43:06 PM EDT
i picked up a champion on line, got it for about 25% and moved it with my brother. if you get a big aplience dolly and aren't a sally its really not that much of a problem to move. stairs do add alot more pain, i have been very happy with champion, the customer service has been great, and the fire rating beats out most others.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:02:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Raven_Fire:
i picked up a champion on line, got it for about 25% and moved it with my brother. if you get a big aplience dolly and aren't a sally its really not that much of a problem to move. stairs do add alot more pain, i have been very happy with champion, the customer service has been great, and the fire rating beats out most others.

where did you buy it online? Since I have also heard good things about Champion! So was that 25% less? BTW I'm no sally, but I have moved my fair share of shit and I dont like to do that no MORE!

ANT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:11:39 PM EDT
I ended up buying 2 of the 300.00 gunsafes from Dunhams. I know everybody has different needs but living in the city I'm not worried about the house burning to the ground so fire ratings are not overly important *to me*. Security... well, I'm just interested in keeping the regular ol' bad guy out and of course the kids. Just a thought and good luck with your purchase !!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:34:00 PM EDT
I have a 42 gun Liberty I bought from Able Safe at the Pinconning store. I am pleased with the quality. I did add a thin strip of foam weather strip to the jam just because mine is in the garage. I wanted to make sure the door has a tight seal.

The best advice I got when shopping for a safe, buy a safe TWICE as big as you think you need.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:46:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bigant:

Originally Posted By Raven_Fire:

where did you buy it online? Since I have also heard good things about Champion! So was that 25% less? BTW I'm no sally, but I have moved my fair share of shit and I dont like to do that no MORE!

ANT

i found mine local on ebay, just had to pick it up, worked out great, no i got the safe for about 25-30% of what it would have been if i was to buy it in the store. i have heard good things about able from other folks on here, and yea, you really should buy twice the safe, i did a year ago and its f'ing packed right now. dfo what i did and call a few of the safe companys, see how there cs is, and check the real fire rating, some can be pretty deciving.
Top Top