Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
I'm looking for a Gun Safe and have read that Liberty is a good Brand to buy.  So I thought I'd ask what others have and where did they get it from.  Also is their a company that will move it?  I thought I saw a thread about that awhile back but I can not find it.  Thanks for your input.

ant
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking for a Gun Safe and have read that Liberty is a good Brand to buy.  So I thought I'd ask what others have and where did they get it from.  Also is their a company that will move it?  I thought I saw a thread about that awhile back but I can not find it.  Thanks for your input.

ant

I'm not sure where you live, but I got my safe years ago from Able Safe in Warren, right at the NW corner of 13 and Mound.  They also move and deliver.  I just got married and moved into our new home, and my safe is still over at my parents house.

When I first bought it, I didn't have it delivered but took is down in the basement on a hand truck.  Let's just say that I'm gonna pay someone to move it!

http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&q=able+safe&near=Warren,+MI&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
i picked up a champion on line, got it for about 25% and moved it with my brother. if you get a big aplience dolly and aren't a sally its really not that much of a problem to move. stairs do add alot more pain, i have been very happy with champion, the customer service has been great, and the fire rating beats out most others.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i picked up a champion on line, got it for about 25% and moved it with my brother. if you get a big aplience dolly and aren't a sally its really not that much of a problem to move. stairs do add alot more pain, i have been very happy with champion, the customer service has been great, and the fire rating beats out most others.

where did you buy it online?  Since I have also heard good things about Champion!  So was that 25% less?  BTW I'm no sally, but I have moved my fair share of shit and I dont like to do that no MORE!

ANT
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I ended up buying 2 of the 300.00 gunsafes from Dunhams. I know everybody has different needs but living in the city I'm not worried about the house burning to the ground so fire ratings are not overly important *to me*. Security... well, I'm just interested in keeping the regular ol' bad guy out and of course the kids.  Just a thought and good luck with your purchase !!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 42 gun Liberty I bought from Able Safe at the Pinconning store.  I am pleased with the quality.  I did add a thin strip of foam weather strip to the jam just because mine is in the garage.  I wanted to make sure the door has a tight seal.

The best advice I got when shopping for a safe, buy a safe TWICE as big as you think you need.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

where did you buy it online?  Since I have also heard good things about Champion!  So was that 25% less?  BTW I'm no sally, but I have moved my fair share of shit and I dont like to do that no MORE!

ANT

i found mine local on ebay, just had to pick it up, worked out great, no i got the safe for about 25-30% of what it would have been if i was to buy it in the store. i have heard good things about able from other folks on here, and yea, you really should buy twice the safe, i did a year ago and its f'ing packed right now. dfo what i did and call a few of the safe companys, see how there cs is, and check the real fire rating, some can be pretty deciving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top