Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:23:20 AM EDT
Does anyone know where there is a tactical course in western MI?I am looking for a place that holds action shoots and things of that nature.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the state are you in?  www.sksc.org  Southkent is having their next IPSC shoot April 15th.  Their having a carbine (pistol calibers only) shoot April 29th.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in Grand Haven,where is South Kent located at?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I dont know about tactical, but Holton GC has action pistol starting up next month....they are about 30-45minutes north of you give or take.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard that holton has a nice course,The gentleman that taught the ccw class I was in mentioned that they did action shoots.How do you get there if I come up on  M20?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think they do strictly pistol, but check out this thread.... looks like a "blast"!
ACTS matches
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That does look like a Blast,I will have to check that out.It is only about an hour from my place.
I will definetly check it out.
Thanks Eric
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Despite it's name, the South Kent Sportsmans Club is not in Kent County but rather it is Allegan County.  It is south of Hudsonville & west of Dorr.  I happen to be a member there.  I'd be happy to take you there as my guest sometime so that you can try it out.  Just send me an e-mail or IM and we'll coordinate a mutually convenient time.  Here is a link to the club's website:   www.sksc.org.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Despite it's name, the South Kent Sportsmans Club is not in Kent County but rather it is Allegan County.  It is south of Hudsonville & west of Dorr.  I happen to be a member there.  I'd be happy to take you there as my guest sometime so that you can try it out.  Just send me an e-mail or IM and we'll coordinate a mutually convenient time.  Here is a link to the club's website:   www.sksc.org.  

Do they allow full-auto?  I need somewhere to practice for upcoming subgun competition.  

Quoted:
Holton GC has action pistol starting up next month...

Do they do USPSA/IPSC or IDPA or something else?  DO they have a website, or contact info?

Quoted:
I don't think they do strictly pistol, but check out this thread.... looks like a "blast"!
ACTS matches

I shot there a couple of months ago.  Rifles & pistols.  It was a lot of fun.  It is probably closer to IDPA than USPSA.

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#9]
GarrettJ- You now need written permission from the board for full auto.  I asked for and received permission to go FA on Sundays between 10:00 and 5:00.  You need specific days and times in writing.  There are other rules also.  Give Sherriff heads up call, limit bursts to 5 or less, etc.  They are not as full auto freindly as they used to be.

Hey ServiceRifleShooter- are you Steve?  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info.Service rifle shooter I will take you up on that.I am getting married on 4/8 .......when I get back from my honeymoon I'll get in touch with you.
Thanks Eric
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:12:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Hey ServiceRifleShooter- are you Steve?  

Nope
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:16:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Eric, congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals.  Good luck with the wedding and trip!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top