Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 8:58:09 PM EDT
So am I understanding this correctly? Were allowed to purchase MG's now? Doesn't have to be C&R anymore? If so, what spawned it? Are SBR's and cans on the agenda? Throw me some details here.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#1]
YES - transferables i.e. macs, uzi's, mp5's, m16's, etc. Michigan is no longer a C&R only state. An approved form 4 transfer is your license to possess it in Michiagn. What spawned it - a pissed off guy like me with a case of the ass that most of my buddies in many other states could own the cool shit and not me. So myself and an Attorney and a group of NFA fanatics came up with a plan. Executed the plan and asked a specific set of questions to Attorney General Mike Cox who ruled in our favor and struck down former AG Frank Kelly's machine gun silencer ban opinion. Next we asked ATF to change their approval protocols and they are now processing our form 4's for the cool shit!

AND THE REST IS AUTOMATIC WEAPONS HISTORY!

SBR SBS is still illegal and won't be unillegal until we change state law.

Cans are on the agenda and are awaiting clarification by Attorney General Mike Cox.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Well then, my friend, I would like to shake your hand!!!! YOU ARE THE MAN !!

I had thought about maybe starting a petition or something similar  to attempt this but I figured that it was beyond hopeless and didn't do it , but you, You are brilliant and I applaude you to no end. Please accept my heart-felt thanks on a job well done.

Unbelievable!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:45:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, so if I were to purchase a M16 or MP5 that has a barrel less than 16 inches, this would be legal because it was registered as part of the machine gun?  Or does the barrel still have to exceed the 16 inches because of the SBR rule?

Thanx in advance for any help with this question.

Short answer. You can have the short barrel on a MG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top