Posted: 2/18/2006 3:16:53 PM EDT

gvjvjyg
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Just sent my money!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice work!!!!
Its been a lifes dream of mine to have a NFA subgun. Wasnt gonna move out of Michigan to do it and C&R prices were out of my reach. Now it may happen. Thanks for all the hard work.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I called Bob Ianni at the AG's office to tell him we got a decision and he was laughing telling me he hopes I don't ever need anything from her because she was furious - whining, bitching, pissing and moaning to him that I went over her head. I told Bob that was tough shit and we had given her dozens of opportunities to communicate with us and she flat out refused to talk to us in any form whatsoever. I told him he could tell her as much and I was not sorry for that! It is my opinion Brenda intended to sit on her decision forever and not say anything hoping we would go away. WRONG! She just forced us to kick her in the ass and so we did.

Good job BustOff! She would be of no help anyways.  

Mail sent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Dammit, you are doing all the legwork here.  You didnt have to pay for your team membership yourself did you?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:34:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dammit, you are doing all the legwork here.  You didnt have to pay for your team membership yourself did you?

Nope!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations MI!,

MGs only? what about SBR's, DD's and Suppressors?
I'm curious....
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:07:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Bustoff: What are you doing for dinner this weekend? I think we owe you one, and the adult beverage of your coice!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#9]
First we are good to go then not again in a matter of a couple of days. What a bitch!

This is from NFA Dan an NFA examiner telling me we are not so good to go, posted on subguns, do not mess with Dan he's alright just reporting whats going on kinda.

Subguns.com NFA Firearms Discussion Board

Where to start.....????

Posted By: NFA-Dan
Date: 2/22/06 18:52

In Response To: Michigan Status Houchens, NFA Dan can you comment? (Bust Off)

Mike

I am actually suprised at the amount of data that has been so freely communicated to you and would caution you to use careful judgement on releasing anything prematurely in the future. It has actually created more tension and anxiety with the MI folks reading this, then operating on the assumption everything was still on hold. Don't get me wrong, I applaud your effort and diligence and am pretty sure that the outcome you are pushing for will be what occurs, I would just recommend that you walk lightly when stepping on peoples toes who are helping you.

In answer to your question - yes, the NFA Branch received word on Friday that transfers could start being approved. This happened in the AM Friday. HOWEVER, late Friday afternoon, word came down the pike that a few final details were being worked out, and to hold off on the approval of any MI machine gun transfers. That is the holding pattern that we are still in.

Hope that helps some.

Dan Pinckney.

My reply;

Well I Really Don't Know How More Tension

Posted By: Bust Off <[email protected]>
Date: 2/22/06 20:49

In Response To: Where to start.....???? (NFA-Dan)

Thank You for the reply Dan, I think!

Well I don't really know how releasing what was released created any more tension amongst us Michigan people than has already been created, with all due respect by the actions or inactions of the players at hand. That's being honest!

What created major league tension up here in this instance is freezing transfers that were always known by NFA to be transferable and thats the C&R mg's to C&R licensee's, in fact shutting down damn near the entire system.

Perhaps I need to accept the blame and responsibility for having caused that scenario for requesting the AG's opinion and attempting to correct the wrongs of the past. Thats where it was headed and in fact it's not my fault as explained in my prior posts.

As for releasing info from the Chiefs email to me. There was no communication attached saying don't release this info. Had the Chief asked me to not release it under any conditions, I think I would have honored that. I was the guy who was courteous enough to reply back with thanks and asked the Chief if he minded if I released the info. And yes he replied back asking me to hold off til next week, the operative word being asking. By the way it is next week.

Had I not replied the Chief could have assumed I would have been blabbing it all over the net. At the time I had intended to not release the info until the first of multiple complaints came rolling into me, and I'm not the NFA or ATF, I'm just the guy who started all this shit and I'm the guy thats going to take some hits as a result. But I guess that comes with the territory!

When things changed thats when I had to make a call, and I did. It was perhaps a bad call, but a call none the less that I felt I had to make. If I stepped on the Chief's toes please convey my humble apologies. I will probably email him and express my apologies as well.

Are there other toes I stepped on who are supposedly helping me that I'm not grasping?

Here we are again and this is whats causing the tension, stress and anxiety. Friday we were under the impression that we were good to go and MG transfers would be approved. Now as of today, in fact right now we're hearing we're back at square one.

"HOWEVER, late Friday afternoon, word came down the pike that a few final details were being worked out, and to hold off on the approval of any MI machine gun transfers. That is the holding pattern that we are still in."

I tell yah Dan - I'm not psychic. If I was I would know exactly how to deal with these situations. I have no idea what the few details that would stop the transfers again could possibly be. If I knew perhaps I could help, but since I'm not privy to that information all I, and every other Michigan guy can do is drop his jaw in utter disbelief, shake his head back and forth, sit up and say, wow WTF is going on now! Cuz thats what I'm doin right now!

It has been nearly 2 months of not knowing where we are headed. It's been an up and down roller coaster of high anxiety. First it's we're good to go, now we're not, now mg's are good and silencers not, mg's are good to go, transfers are being held, now there not, now they are again!

This is the cause of the anxiety Dan. In any event, even though your reply to my post is causing me great pain I respect you for the advice and information even if you're being the bearer of bad news for me tonight. Please convey my humble apologies if you could, to the people who's toes I have stepped on.

Sincerely, Michael P. Sessa

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Any remote possibility that a new revised and clarified version of the opinion slid across someones desk?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:08:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Not that I'm aware of. As the requestor of the opinion, I expect I would get a copy in short order if that happened. AG opinions are rarely amended, although I suggested that some weeks ago. I'm not sure whats going on at NFA, procedural bull shit, but what kind of procedural bull shit, that is the question.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#12]
i dont think none of this will pass in michigan, I HOPE IT DOES PASS.

I THINK WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ANY GUN WE WANT TOO!!!!!1
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#13]
starr wrote:

"i dont think none of this will pass in michigan, I HOPE IT DOES PASS.

I THINK WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO OWN ANY GUN WE WANT TOO!!!!!1"

well, um.

Duly Noted!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
This is the first step in fixing the laws. I can only hope that within the decade, SBRs will be legal in MI. Good job everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top