Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2006 8:01:22 AM EDT
Anybody know of any gun shops in the Detroit area that are hiring?, I'm looking for a new job and figured that I might as well do something I could enjoy....
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Not trying to be rude but one would think you would at least run a spell check if you are inquiring about a job even though this is an informal inquiry...

It is hiring not hireing....

People, use the spell check...  Its not hard and people will take you a lot more seriously.

Always try to present yourself in the most professional manner possible.

Now if you want a job at a Gun shop best thing to do would be to print up a resume and then take them to the various stores and ask to speak to the manager or better owner if they are present.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Dead time of year, probably not hiring right now. August and you can probably find one pretty easy.
I'd suggest not working in one though.....you will be poor and become an asshole if you aren't already. Working with the general public and guns wears you down bad. I did it for close to seven years and it was fun but a waste of time, lots of money and I had no useful skills when I was done. Well, maybe some customer service skills.... you know, personal interaction with morons and such.
Algonac wasn't too bad but once I got to Brown Bear by Mt.Clemens......whew! There are some really stupid people in the world. Had loaded guns pointed at me twice there by people bringing guns in for the gunsmith. Standard practice was to make sure they brought the guns in unloaded....twice the idiots claimed they were empty only to rack the action open and FLING! Out comes a live round. Of course they love to point the damn thing right at you while they are racking the action. I think it was just to see how fast I could duck out of the way while they waved the muzzle all over the place.
Yea, I can live without that.

Algonac LumberJack Sporting Good Dept 1990-1993
Brown Bear Sporting Goods 1993-1996
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not trying to be rude but one would think you would at least run a spell check if you are inquiring about a job even though this is an informal inquiry...

People, use the spell check...  Its not hard and people will take you a lot more seriously.

Now if you want a job at a Gun shop best thing to do would be to print up a resume and then take them to the various stores and ask to speak to the manager or better owner if they are present.

yes your rude
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Umm actually it is you're

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes your rude

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Oh no he didn't!

Why yes, I believe he did.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
"learn`n to spell with Darnell"

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes your rude

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 7:51:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Well Roach, now that you have explained to us that you went to the school of Ebonics with instructor Darnell I am impressed...  At least it wasn't Ur

Seriously though, think about it...  If a gunshop owner was here what do you think his first impression would be of a want to be perspective employee who can't even spell or use proper grammar?  After all, even in gun sales some degree of proper English and the ability to clearly converse is expected.

Might as well just fill in your application with crayons
And print your signature with stick letters like when you were in first grade.

Good thing we are all friends here so everyone understands this is just silly banter...
Woudn't want anyone here taking this seriously and getting their panties all up in knots....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:28:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well Roach, now that you have explained to us that you went to the school of Ebonics with instructor Darnell I am impressed...  At least it wasn't Ur

Seriously though, think about it...  If a gunshop owner was here what do you think his first impression would be of a want to be perspective employee who can't even spell or use proper grammar?  After all, even in gun sales some degree of proper English and the ability to clearly converse is expected.

Might as well just fill in your application with crayons
And print your signature with stick letters like when you were in first grade.

Good thing we are all friends here so everyone understands this is just silly banter...
Woudn't want anyone here taking this seriously and getting their panties all up in knots....

Friends????? yes! your price for transfers just went up

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#9]
OUCH!
Cold....
Buurrrrrrr it's getting chilly in here!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Google tool bar with spell check is your friend. It is also free
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If a gunshop owner was here what do you think his first impression would be of a want to be perspective employee who can't even spell or use proper grammar?

Quoted:

Just to make sure that no one is left out, I can't help but point out that prospective, not perspective, is the proper word to be used in that sentence, in that context.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you!  You are correct, see even spell check lets a couple get away from you sometimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top