Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 5:32:20 AM EDT
Subject: We are fully prepared to launch another AG Opinion request to make crystal clear to the BATFE the fact that Silencers are transferrable to Michigan persons under our existing state statute and pre86 mg AG Opinion 7183.

From what we are hearing from callers to NFA is they are saying pre86 mgs are probably a go. They are also saying silencers may not be a go because our AG did not use the word silencer in his opinion! This is BULLSHIT! That opinion cited the statute in its entirety period - it applies to the entire statute period.

We are going to be PROACTIVE and not reactive!

We are fully prepared to launch a new AG Opinion request into the AG's office if we don't get some information soon.

We have the document and question prepared it will focus strictly on silencers, state and federal law and the new opinion 7183.

I have contacted State Rep Leon Drolet as of yesterday asking him if he could ask some questions of the AG's legislative liason. Among those questions is if there is any discussions going on about the silencer issue between the AG and the NFABATFE. If the NFABATFE has requested a letter of clarification? etc.

We will probably give this a couple days and if we don't hear anything then we will move to file the new question. This should not be necessary but if NFABATFE wants to be a problem then we will work to provide an indisputable public published opinion.

Like I have said in the past we should not need to do this - the law is the law and its been upheld and interpreted to mean what it says. If NFABATFE refuses to approve silencers they will in fact be imposing a silencer prohibition by decree using our state law to impose a decree, a power they do not have. Our law says silencers are exempt period and there is no state law in the way to stop us from excercising our right to own silencers as well as pre86 mg's.

MG's and silencers exist in our statute as inseperable exceptions and one can not be considered to be legal and allowable and not the other. These exceptions to the prohibition are found under MCL 750.224 1 (a)machine gun and (b)silencer. Our Attorney General Mike Cox has said in his 7183 opinion that pre86 mg's may be possessed as long as the federal form 4 has been approved by the Director of BATFE.

I am hoping you guys have in fact made a donation to Attorney General Mike Cox's re-election campaign or are in process of doing so. AG Cox has been the best friend gun owners have ever had in the Michigan Attorney Generals Office. I plan on keeping Mike Cox as our AG who is up for re-election this fall. I went to Cox's re-election website and made a secure credit card donation of $150. I also signed up as a volunteer and in the comments text box I thanked the AG for the job he is doing and in fact I told him I support him 100% and I truly appreciated the 7183 opinion as a near perfect masterpiece of work. I thanked him for upholding the law - perhaps you could pay his site a visit, donate a few bucks, enlist as a volunteer and leave him a friendly supportive message in the text boxes that appear on his website. Simply doing this reinforces our support for a guy who has made it a possibility for us to own pre86 mgs and silencers something we have not been able to do in nearly 30 years! And you out of state guys C2/C3's and silencer manufacturers, a donation to Cox and a few words of support in his volunteer page text box would be greatly appreciated.

Mikecox2006.com online donation credit card secure

Thats all for now Guys. Thanks, Mike

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#1]
That is kind of what I was afraid of...local CLEO are still cluless as to it's definition...Whatever I receive I will forward to you.

RD

MI AG
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Donation and message sent.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Done and BustOff thanks for your continual hard work on this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top