Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 5:37:38 PM EDT
Anyone ever dealt with the Oakland County Sherrif on a Form 4?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I contacted the OCSD this afternoon, and they were pretty clueless of the whole thing. They said that they are reviewing the issue, and to call back later in the day..

We shall see!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Try sending them a letter then follow up in person in a week. That is what I’m going to do sow I don’t ketch them of guard.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#3]
The guy I spoke too told me to call back Friday. I have Jury duty on Firday near the OCS substation in Rochester Hills...I may speak to a deputy about it if I can find one..

RD
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't bother talking to the guys at the Rochester hills court, All the ones you will see are "part timers" and will have know Idea what you are talking about.

The full timers are in another part of the building and you will never see them either. 98% of the officers and 100% of the staff still do not know that the opinion has been reversed, and will not know what you are talking about.

The only way to get an answer will be to call the Sheriff Department it self 248-858-5000 and if they have it figured out yet they will give you an answer, if they haven’t they will still beat around the bush.

Good Luck
Sm
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:44:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I just got back from getting a purchase permit, and asked about the Opinion, and their progress in understanding it...they still aren't clear on 7183 and probably won't be for some time...
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been trying to fill in my fellow LEOs in on the new AG rule as much as possible. Trust me none of them have a clue, but many have been eagor to look into it. This is gonna be slow goin.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#7]
***UPDATE***

went in today to register my XD and spoke to Frank about the AG's opinion. At this point they ARE processing Form 4's for MG's as they have in the past and apparently Sherrif Bouchard WILL sign them!

So all we need is the clarification on the suppressors and it looks like were good for CLEO sign-off in Oakland County

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Many CLEO's have ben signing Form4's for some time. All of them being C&R MG's of course. A local PD gun registration guy (who I personally know) said "Youd be surpirsed what people already have legally in their homes". I dont think it should be much for most bigger LE Depts to figure out. Anyone know the contact person at Macomb Co Sherrif?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
***UPDATE***

went in today to register my XD and spoke to Frank about the AG's opinion. At this point they ARE processing Form 4's for MG's as they have in the past and apparently Sherrif Bouchard WILL sign them!

So all we need is the clarification on the suppressors and it looks like were good for CLEO sign-off in Oakland County

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes the process at the Macomb County Sheriffs Department is - go to the window where you would go to register a pistol or get prints. Sign in on the sign in sheet as a form 4 signoff and prints if your going to have them take your bluelines bring your own cards - order the cards off the ATF website.

Just give the gal your form 4's with pics attached and all done except for the cleo sign off and tell her you need the Sheriff or his delegate the Under Sheriff to sign your form 4 tranfer papers.

They will take your drivers license and run your background. It comes up good she will take that and your form 4's to the Under Sheriff and get a signature for you.

The Under Sheriff is Kent Lagerquist - a pretty good guy so far. However, he signs it and its up to you to put on the signature line "Sheriff Mark Hackel by" then the under sheriffs signature "then write in his title after that "Under Sheriff".

I screwed that part up on my form forgetting to put that crap in there only after i mailed it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:23:30 AM EDT
[#11]
thecleaner
What section of the State do you hang out in.
NE, SE, NW, SW, ??
Just wondered i am in SE most of the time
SM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top