Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 1:44:45 AM EDT
When individuals couldn't buy supressors, naturally, the DNR would not allow us to hunt with them. Well, now that we can buy them, do you think they will change thier rulling on it and allow thier use for hunting?

Kris
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:06:57 AM EDT
[#1]
doubtfull. I think they bank on people reporting their kills due to the fact that when you shoot you know people heard it for miles(because  its impossible to poach with a bow and arrow which is silent anyhow). This would not be their reason if asked though, it would be more saftey related. Ya know that way you would know where the shot came from when you are laying their dead. But me, I am all for it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
doubtfull. I think they bank on people reporting their kills due to the fact that when you shoot you know people heard it for miles(because  its impossible to poach with a bow and arrow which is silent anyhow). This would not be their reason if asked though, it would be more saftey related. Ya know that way you would know where the shot came from when you are laying their dead. But me, I am all for it.

If that was truely the case, why don't they make bows and arrows illegal?  After all, there is no "bang" when you shoot a bow.  Nobody will hear where that shot came from.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Since we can own supressors now

Kris, what?

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes you did.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes you did.

Yep. The whole MG opinion change affected suppressor too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#6]
First of all we better get em before they change their minds.
Second- what about for night hunting?
Third- whats the age for supressors?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:00:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
First of all we better get em before they change their minds.
Second- what about for night hunting?
Third- whats the age for supressors?

Age is 21.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:09:46 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes you did.

OK, so whats this about the MG opinion changing?  We can buy suppressors?  What about MG's?  Do they have to be pre '86?  I need to pay more attention.

Thx,

Nic
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but MSP says no way on the supressors due to the fact that the AG opinion only and specificly addresses MGs.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:33:39 AM EDT
[#10]
sooo.... Who the hell is the State Patrol? And why do we care if they agree with Cox?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:21:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If i had listened to MSP I would have gotten my machinegun when we were C&R only.  I would not take MSP as the final word.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:10:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Since when did the Michigan State Police and the DNR make laws?

Contact the AG's office to clarify. Don't contact the police, they know nothing!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Contact the AG's office to clarify. Don't contact the police, they know nothing!

When it comes to hunting and fishing though, doesn't the DNR make the rules? I may be wrong, but that is what I was led to beleive.

Kris
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Police are usually the last to know what is going on with the laws.

The AG's opinion stated that ATF approval was equal to federal licensing for machine guns which is what is required in MI.   Since the same approval is required for a suppressor, it stands to reason (and legally) that it would be treated the same way.

And no, I don't think the DNR will change their minds about suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When it comes to hunting and fishing though, doesn't the DNR make the rules? I may be wrong, but that is what I was led to beleive.

Kris

Since "WHEN" does the DNR have the right to make a law? NEVER! Last year, the head of the DNR made a law stating, if you have a camp fire, because it was so dry, you could be arrested and subject to hefty fine. Since WHEN does the head of the DNR have that Right? They DON'T! Only the legislative branch can pass laws. Period! The DNR can make any law they want, and if you go to a corrupt judge, he'll/she'll uphold what the DNR did, but it's WRONG! The DNR may issue licenses to hunt, because all of the Deer and anilmals, belong to the State, according to the State, and the DNR can "say" how many animals can be hunted based on animal population management issues, because the State says the Animals belong to the State. But the DNR CAN NOT make it's own laws, it has to go through the legislative process and I'd bet if you looked at "most" of the DNR rules that are based in law, they went through the legislativing process.

But the DNR and the MSP DO make HUGE mistakes and they also OVERSTEP their authority...ALL THE TIME!

So check with the Attorney Generals office about the suppressors...NOT THE MSP. And if you have a problem with a DNR "rule", then make sure it's been through the legislature and if not, sue the State to have it struck down. The people in the government will ALWAYS try to put the screws to us, unless we push back and demand to have them follow the correct way of governing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Tagged.  If I can get a suppressor, I want to get one (or more) quickly before they change their mind, as stated above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top