Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/28/2005 10:22:14 PM EDT
Could someone show me th text of the law that bans Destructive Devices, and AOW's in Michigan?....
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:10:06 PM EDT
Who said that they were banned? I really don't know if it is or isn't but would like to know myself. I found this info. but it doesn't show where it is banned.

http://publicrights.org/NFA/
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:12:46 PM EDT
I and a few others already own AOW's in Michigan. I have an Olympic Arms OA-93 with forward vertical grip and no buttstock. This is basically an AR15 .223 pistol. Which you could have now that the AWB has passed less the vertical grip and simply registered as a pistol. I executed a form 4 and then registed it with my PD as a pistol because thats what it qualifies as under state law. I am in compliance with both state and federal laws. Michigan has no specific state law barring AOW's or DD's that I am aware of. So - no law.

So find the gun you want, find a C3 dealer to conduct your in state transfer, get your form 4, fingerprints, photo's, get your CLEO to sign the form 4 and submit it to NFA and get it done! If its an AOW make sure when you get the gun if its under 30" register it with your PD as a pistol! Done deal.

A friend of mine even has an AOW shotgun - like a super shorty, no buttstock and vertical grip I believe and registered it as a pistol.

As a matter of fact I got my clarification up front from the MSP saying my OA-93 was a pistol under state law. When I went to register it they had to make a new category of weapon in the MSP pistol registry database!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 11:37:25 AM EDT
Guy's forgive my ignorance, but what is an AOW?

Thanks.

T Bone (Detroit).
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:16:00 PM EDT
AOW is federal terminology for Any Other Weapon and comes under the National Firearms Act. AOW's must be registered with the NFA BATFE. AOW's can be made by an individual by filing a form 1 to make a weapon with a $200 fed transfer tax due or an AOW may be transfered from a C3/C2 on a form 4 to an individual with a $5 transfer tax. Any way you look at it its very nearly the same type of procedural paperwork a machine gun requires.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:43:01 PM EDT
I'm with T Bone. What is an AOW?

EXAMPLES PLEASE.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:31:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rock7:
I'm with T Bone. What is an AOW?

EXAMPLES PLEASE.

Things such as pistols with forward grips, pen guns, and some short barreled shotguns such as the Serbu super shorty are AOW.

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:26:56 AM EDT
Any Other Weapon. $5 tax on them.
Top Top