Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:35:11 AM EDT
I am going to Ontonogon in Jan. for a week.  What kind of fun can be had up there?  Anyone in the area?  

Thanks,

John
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll be able to rent a sled (snowmobile). Artic Cat dealer west of town & Polaris dealer east of town should be able to fix you up.  Snow shoeing, Cross Country Skiing.  Check out Stub's Museum Bar.

Camp One Store on the main street usually has some pretty decent buys on outdoor clothes.

Not sure if you'll be able to get into Porcupine Mt. State Park with a vehicle.  The hike on snow shoes would be worth the trip to see the view of Lake of the Clouds.

About 1 mile south of the junction of M107 & M64 is a little side road that leads to the falls on the Big Iron river.  It's a short 1/4 mile walk.

Good food at the Konteka restaurant in White Pine.

If you are driving, make sure you stop at Lawry's Pastie Shop on M28 west of Nagaunee.  Buy a dozen regulars that are cooked & frozen for gifts
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, thanks for the help.  This won't be my first trip up there.  It will be my first trip up there in the winter.  I know all about Stubbs.  Really a neat place.  I planned on renting a sled, and going down to Rockland for a beer and lunch.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top