Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2003 2:50:40 AM EDT
Roll call in the "defensive shoot" thread.

BIG EDIT to show board discussion decision--

It will be Sunday the 7th.

shoot time between 10 and 11, some people will be eariler to clean and prep. Bags, gloves and rakes needed.

This will be a three fold event, 1) to discuss the actual defensive shoot, 2) to try out some target tech, and 3) to have fun shooting.

There is a  good chance other shooters will be there and sharing the pit line.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
im game, what time should we be there.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The current call is late morning.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 2:49:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking next Sunday?
(give some more folks time who have'nt seen this thread to reply/get ready)

This will be a good opportunity to shoot,discuss,plan and test for current and future Michigan Defensive Carbine shoots.

I'm going to try to get their around 10AM.

I'm thinking 11 or noonish?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
This is getting confusing.
8/31, or 9/7?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:06:18 PM EDT
[#5]
How about a poll?

I'm for 9/7
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd be a maybe for 8/7. I'll have it off if I get everything wrapped up on the 6th. I also wanted to try to hit the show at the silverdome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:34:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I vote for 9/7 also, this long weekend will give me time to get some of those lingering projects done around the house.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm up for either Sunday but prefer the September 7 option. I'm hoping to do some riding this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Can't make the shoot but please don't let this one be the last.  I don't really know if I would qualify as I only have a BM Varminter which isn't designed to do those types of shoots and a .22LR M4 I'm building but I won't have the upper until after the current shoot.  It violates the proposed rules (.223 centerfire only) but I was hoping for some sort of exemption...
I'll have to be satisfied shooting on the farm until then.  I hope to hook up sometime at "the Pit" with you fellows.
Out...

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Can't make the shoot but please don't let this one be the last.  I don't really know if I would qualify as I only have a BM Varminter which isn't designed to do those types of shoots and a .22LR M4 I'm building but I won't have the upper until after the current shoot.  It violates the proposed rules (.223 centerfire only) but I was hoping for some sort of exemption...
I'll have to be satisfied shooting on the farm until then.  I hope to hook up sometime at "the Pit" with you fellows.
Out...

Don't let your gun's stop you from joining in the fun! I recall Jim Clark of Clark Custom has won many run/gun matches with his AR Gator(essentially a varminter w/heavy stainless barrel,FF tube,Harris bipod and a 4X scope.)

You could always grab a carbine upper for the Bushy or install some Irons.

Any centerfire should be fine.

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Heck, you supply your ammo and you can use my rifle. We cant both run the course at the same time so it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Went over to the pit today to use up the last of my stinkers (S&B) and try out some South African.

The pit is a mess! It's as bad as it was when we had the big cleanup in the spring. LP bottles, appliances, and miscellaneous trash everywhere. We're gonna have to do a major police call to clear a spot big enough to move across before setting up targets and barriers.

Plan on bringing rakes and garbage bags on the 7th.

The good news is there were very few folks there. That may be due to the holiday. If we're lucky it'll be deserted next week.

Plan on getting there early enough to clean up the area and get some targets up before anyone else shows. If we keep it simple and don't tie up the firing line too much there shouldn't be any complaints.

See ya next Sunday!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:10:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Like I said in the other post on the other thread.  I might be up for some fun depending on where it is.  I am in GR and always looking to play with my new toy.  Also If you guys havent bought anything from Chuck at Op Parts.  He is awesome, met my buddy halfway to GR so we could get our aimpoints before our day on the range.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Lumpy223,
I just re-read the post and noticed you made an extremely generous and polite offer!  Thanks!  Sadly I still have to pass as I have faminly obligations to attend to.  (Wife will be shopping out of town and I'm on babysitting duty).
Never the less thanks a million for the offer.  I'll make it out one of these days...
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, the 7th might work for me. I need some bumpfiring to "cleanse the soul"
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife insists that everyone attends. She has put the pink handguards onto her rifle to match the lower, and invested in pink shoes.

We are bringing 1k silver bear, plus some XM193.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Okay, we are bringing my portable firing table, a canopy, 20 bowling pins, a box of clays and a sawhorse based downrange holder for said clays.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I am bring two friends (bumpfiring virgins) and a dozen weapons and a meeeeeelion rounds of ammo.

And a video camera!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top