Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2003 4:11:08 AM EDT
Hey guys, just checking in to make sure everybody survived the day without power. Oh well, I needed to clean the fridge anyways...

WAS
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't loose power at home but I did get a day and a half off of work.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Just getting back "up and running" here in Royal Oak. Power came back on at 12:40am. Big PITA!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Brighton made out OK. I only lost juice for about five minutes. Got a three day weekend out of it to boot.

Only problem was trying to drive. All those folks lined up for gas had traffic snarled up pretty good.

They could have saved themselves a lot of time if they had widened their search area. I drove up to Fenton, power on, plenty of gas, no lines.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of the gas stations around here (Grand Blanc, south Flint) jacked up the prices about 10 cents on Thursday when I came home from work.  A couple of them ran out of gas because of the people coming up.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Just getting back "up and running" here in Royal Oak. Power came back on at 12:40am. Big PITA!

Tall Shadow

I cant believe that I got power back in Rochester before you guys got it in RO. I lived at 11 and stephenson for years and we hardly ever lost power, but in the 8 months in Rochester we have lost it many times. oh, well. Glad to see everyone is doing al right.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tall Shadow

I cant believe that I got power back in Rochester before you guys got it in RO. I lived at 11 and Stephenson for years and we hardly ever lost power, but in the 8 months in Rochester we have lost it many times. oh, well. Glad to see everyone is doing al right.

Hey Cool!
My first house was right off of 11mi & I-75 on Sprague. We used to loose power all the time there. The new(er) house is right by Beaumont Hospital in nothern RO and it sucked being able to hear the big generators running over there and having to hand bail the sump pumps in My house! I think the Wife will finally agree to get a generator after all that fun!

Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top