Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Take it for what its worth, but the latest Vanderbilt poll has Bredesen up by one point.  LOTS of Bredesen and Dean yard signs in Wilson and parts of Sumner Counties.

Folks, get EVERYONE you know out to actually vote!  This one will be too close to call until the day AFTER the election.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Take it for what its worth, but the latest Vanderbilt poll has Bredesen up by one point.  LOTS of Bredesen and Dean yard signs in Wilson and parts of Sumner Counties.

Folks, get EVERYONE you know out to actually vote!  This one will be too close to call until the day AFTER the election.
View Quote
I'll go with Marsha by 20% then.  Vandy polls always suck!
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll go with Marsha by 20% then.  Vandy polls always suck!
View Quote
I figured it was very much PRO Democrap, but the asshole reporting it had a really smug look on his face I did NOT like.

Until someone can explain to me WHO writes the computer programs that counts the votes, I will always be leery.  You know especially in areas where your person gets absolutely ZERO votes.  It happened in the 2016 election!  One district in Ohio had zero votes for Trump and more votes for Hitlery than the district had registered voters.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Vandy SUPER pro muslim. Just so you know where they are coming from.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 4:01:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Does Marsha’s firearm knowledge, or lack thereof, not drive anyone else insane? Her Bump-Stock gaffe and support for FixNCIS makes me hang my head.

I’m voting for her but I’m amazed she’s made it this far. I will say that Bredeson is very popular in East Tennessee.

Vanderbilt’s pole is worthless as tits on a boar hog. They think 85% of Tennesseans want Medicaid expansion and would pay higher taxes for them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 8:39:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does Marsha’s firearm knowledge, or lack thereof, not drive anyone else insane? Her Bump-Stock gaffe and support for FixNCIS makes me hang my head.

I’m voting for her but I’m amazed she’s made it this far.
View Quote
She IS GOPe. They ran off her primary challenger, a doctor. Much like Hitlery, it seems to be HER turn, IMO.

Blackburn is nothing more than a professional politician. To list the things she doesn't know shit about would fill a good sized book, IMO.

No one can accuse Bredesen of not being smart. He's gone more liberal as he's gotten older, IMO. He will indeed vote lockstep with Schumer/Feinstein despite what he blathers on the campaign trail.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
High turn out in west Fayette County early voting
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:15:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Wife and I voted today.

Not many people there at 1pm but the workers said that they had been busy with long lines at times.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not sure if this will hotlink, but I found this encouraging:

From this article.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I just early voted, now just I'll sit back and wait for the November 6 results.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
It is those unknown 'other' voters that bother me...................especially if they have recently gone thru a Funeral Home before voting!
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone else getting Anti-Bredesen mailers in the mail almost everyday this past week?  I am in East TN and have had 1 or 2 a day in my mailbox.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
The GOP and Blackburn are roasting Bredesen in the TV commercials. It is good to see the GOP playing the dem game.
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The GOP and Blackburn are roasting Bredesen in the TV commercials. It is good to see the GOP playing the dem game.
View Quote
Yep.  Last couple nights lots of pro-Blackburn commercials. FPB
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Even Darryl Waltrip has joined the fray with pro-Blackburn commercials. Surprising, since he has a car dealership.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 9:29:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Even Darryl Waltrip has joined the fray with pro-Blackburn commercials. Surprising, since he has a car dealership.
View Quote
NASCAR is NOT the NFL.  Most associated with NASCAR tend to lean Republican.  Only thing about the Federal Government they had a hard time with was the 'A' part of the BATF.  LOL  Remember most of the early successful NASCAR drivers were moonshiners.

Also think about WHERE his dealership is physically located.  Franklin is not exactly Democrap territory.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

She IS GOPe. They ran off her primary challenger, a doctor. Much like Hitlery, it seems to be HER turn, IMO.

Blackburn is nothing more than a professional politician. To list the things she doesn't know shit about would fill a good sized book, IMO.

No one can accuse Bredesen of not being smart. He's gone more liberal as he's gotten older, IMO. He will indeed vote lockstep with Schumer/Feinstein despite what he blathers on the campaign trail.
View Quote
I'll vote for her, but not impressed.   Needed her help with an issue about a year ago.   Only got some lip service and no feedback on actions taken.    If there is a better R than her next time....they'll get my vote.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 10:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If there is a better R than her next time....they'll get my vote.
View Quote
She's GOPe, there'll be no primary opposition, IMO. I would've bet she'd have lost the primary this year had the other R candidate not backed down from party pressure. I too would vote for virtually anyone else over her in a primary.

She's nothing but a big bag of nothing. Tay Tay has more political gravitas than Blackburn, that's how bad she is.    
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#20]
If you'd like a poll showing a Democrat in a lead in Tennessee it's not all that hard to do. Just poll mostly people in Davidson and/or Shelby Counties, the two D strongholds in the state.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Bredesen is running ads todays denying he'd be under Schumer's & Feinstein's thumbs in the Senate. As smart as he is, he hasn't figured out how the Senate works on the Dim side...........    
View Quote
He knows damn well how the Senate really works.

I think it'll be within 5% either way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:06:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I met Blackburn briefly and she was quite pleasant.

I'm in Bama for the hurricane damage situation, but my ballot is in!
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:31:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Voted.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I noticed long lines at a couple of polling locations in suburban Shelby county on my way home.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Blackburn rolled like a fat woman at a Golden Corral buffet. I'm surprised it wasn't closer, given Memphis & Nashville being hard core blue.

But even my mother voted straight "R" this time despite her being a normal Dim voter (she's 85).
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:40:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Good job TN
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Good job TN
View Quote
Not all wine & roses. Steve Cohen won re-election in Memphis as did Jim Cooper in Nashville. Both are locked-up liberal areas, sadly.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not all wine & roses. Steve Cohen won re-election in Memphis as did Jim Cooper in Nashville. Both are locked-up liberal areas, sadly.
View Quote
At this point, Cohen will be a lock in Memphis until he retires.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:21:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Well , as Tennesseans we helped to show there would be no blue wave here. You know it is time to get nervous when the commies are coming after Texas and Tennessee.

Gonna be a crazy time in politics for years to come they are gonna sink to new lows and if normal Americans don’t start standing up to this PC culture that states all whites/rich/healthy/Christian / successful people are evil it will get worse before it gets better.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Blackburn rolled like a fat woman at a Golden Corral buffet. I'm surprised it wasn't closer, given Memphis & Nashville being hard core blue.

But even my mother voted straight "R" this time despite her being a normal Dim voter (she's 85).
View Quote
I feel good about the TN elections.  Dems in the state love Bredesen and a lot of Repub's think that he was a good governor.  IMO, the Dems could not have run a better candidate and he still lost by double digits.  Looks like TN will be one of the last states to fall.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Before we get too smug........ask yourself one thing.  HOW did we have Bredesen and Dean in the first place?  Neither are from HERE!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Before we get too smug........ask yourself one thing.  HOW did we have Bredesen and Dean in the first place?  Neither are from HERE!
View Quote
After doing a little googling to jog the memory:

Bredesen was born in New Jersey, grew up in New York, eventually ran for public office in Massachusetts (lost to the republican candidate), then later moved to England for work.  After a couple years in England, he and his wife moved to Nashville, due to his wife accepting a job offer.  Turning back to politics, Bredesen made an unsuccessful run for Nashville mayor (lost to Boner), then an unsuccessful run for Congress (lost to Clement), before winning his next attempt at Nashville mayor.  As I recall, the term 'carpetbagger' was heard during that period.  He is conservative for a (current) democrat, but he is still a democrat.

Dean was born in South Dakota, studied at Columbia University in New York, then Vanderbilt University.  He got involved in Nashville politics through the public defender's office, and eventually ran for mayor of Nashville.

Barry, who succeeded Dean as Mayor of Nashville, was born in California, grew up in Kansas, was educated in Kansas and Missouri, then later went to Vanderbilt University for an MBA. She served two terms on the metro council, before her successful run for the mayor's office.

How did it happen?  Because there are so many others like them that have moved to Nashville, and there are too many Nashville natives who have fallen for the "we can be more enlightened/progressive" BS or just vote democrat because they are democrats.  Nashville seems to have become viewed as a stepping stone for democrats who can't elbow their way into the corruption of Memphis politics.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Most of us Nashville Natives moved out long ago when it turned into 'Metro'.

While I was born at Vanderbilt and raised for my first four years in Antioch until my Dad got stationed in Germany.  Being an Air Force brat occupied me until I turned 17 and enlisted in the military.

Came back 'home' in 74 to a home that was starting to get over run.  Kids going to MTSU with me because Out of State tuition there was cheaper than in state tuition was in New York.  That taught me I would NOT like to live under its tax structure right then.  Its a shame to as Upper State New York is beautiful and could teach red necks here things.  Most do not know there is more 'Red Man' chewing tobacco sold there than the entire south combined!  And YES I have been there.  Right now I have been in all 50 states, all the US possessions and territories, and 64 foreign countries.  I live here because I truly love my home state, but it is getting CROWDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted: I truly love my home state, but it is getting CROWDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Quote
Go West, young man. . . just not Shelby County.

Still plenty of room in the NW corner.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Given the current housing boom, Nashville is only going to get worse.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Go West, young man. . . just not Shelby County.

Still plenty of room in the NW corner.
View Quote
Already have.  I was stationed at Millington for three months once a LONG time ago.  Also have friends from Covington to Dyersburg from my Dad's Air Force days.  And I know all about Shelby County from doing gun shows there for years when I still had my FFL.

Wife is from Decatur County.  She is 7th generation raised on her family farm.  It was a Revolutionary War land grant who's deed ran to the middle of the Tn River.  Her Dad ran TVA off for year with his 16 guage pump!  When he died my Mother in law sold it.  It is now a resort as the farm had a mile river front of land.  It was fun to hunt on.

If I move from Rutherford County it will probably be toward Manchester or McMinnville.  Area is pretty plus you can still find streams there you can drink from with out a filter.  Those are the kinds that make some really GOOD drinking when mixed with some other natural ingredients.  LOL
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Already have. I was stationed at Millington for three months once a LONG time ago.  Also have friends from Covington to Dyersburg from my Dad's Air Force days.  And I know all about Shelby County from doing gun shows there for years when I still had my FFL.

Wife is from Decatur County.  She is 7th generation raised on her family farm.  It was a Revolutionary War land grant who's deed ran to the middle of the Tn River.  Her Dad ran TVA off for year with his 16 guage pump!  When he died my Mother in law sold it.  It is now a resort as the farm had a mile river front of land.  It was fun to hunt on.

If I move from Rutherford County it will probably be toward Manchester or McMinnville.  Area is pretty plus you can still find streams there you can drink from with out a filter.  Those are the kinds that make some really GOOD drinking when mixed with some other natural ingredients.  LOL
View Quote
I went through my Basic Avionics courses at NAS Millington in Spring of 81.  When were you there?
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I went through my Basic Avionics courses at NAS Millington in Spring of 81.  When were you there?
View Quote
1970, right before I left for Vietnam the FIRST time.  I was not going to school there.  I was working for Nav. Intel.  There was a problem that needed fixing.  From there I went to work for MACVSOG out of Da Nang.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top