Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2017 4:31:19 PM EDT
Shelbyville releases details about "White Lives Matter" rally planned for Oct. 28th.

I know there are some churches and civic groups planning to counter protest and, according to the Bedford County deputy I spoke with last night, it wouldn't be surprising to see some Antifa folks there, as well. I can't think of anything I'll need in Shelbyille that day, so I think I'll stay home and watch the news.

As to why they chose Shelbyville, a betting man would probably say it has something to do with it being the birthplace of Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Apparently, they're also planning a similar protest in Murfreesboro.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Shelbyville is NOT the birthplace of N.B. Forrest,  Pulaski is.  Shelbyville just has a real active chapter of the KKK,

I hope it rains like cow piss on a flat rock that day on BOTH sides.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shelbyville is NOT the birthplace of N.B. Forrest,  Pulaski is.  Shelbyville just has a real active chapter of the KKK,

I hope it rains like cow piss on a flat rock that day on BOTH sides.
View Quote
After doing a Google search, it appears we're both wrong. He was born in Chapel Hill. The Wiki article says he was born in Chapel Hill in Bedford County. Of course, Chapel Hill is in Marshall County, now, but Marshall County wasn't established until 1836, fifteen years after Foresst was born.

The klan was founded in Pulaski, though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same day?
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Same day?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same day?
Yeah. The group holding the M'boro rally have applied for a permit for the same day to hold their rally at the Rutherford County Courthouse on the square. I don't think they'll get as much support from the population as they will hostility. Of course, that's what they're hoping to get.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm going to start protesting early Christmas advertising/decorating.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Gen Forrest's birth place ain't in Shelbyville. I have been there. They need to relocate he and his wife to the Nathan Bedford Forrest State park, so that I will feel safe to visit. Forrest's men shot up the Mboro courthouse once.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
When they were remodeling the old Court House about 15 years ago they found a spent Minnie ball round laying behind one of the leaves of the Corinthian Columns facing west Main Street.  I got to see and handle it as I was considered an 'expert' (LOL) on all things weapon at the Court House at the time.  Forrest troops took over the court house as it was also the jail and they were freeing some Confederate sympathizers.  What most folks do not know is there is a tunnel running from the basement of the old court house to the basement of what was originally a bank adjoining the actual courthouse they are using now.

It is going to be interesting when they move into the really new Court House they are just finishing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Any news about possible threats?  I work in Shelbyville and will be there on this date.... keeping ears to the ground for intel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any news about possible threats?  I work in Shelbyville and will be there on this date.... keeping ears to the ground for intel.
View Quote
Just that Antifa better beware of the whites they attack as a BUNCH are going to be undercover cops trying to blend in to watch BOTH sides.  

From what I have been told as long as you are not in between the groups or down wind of any tear gas deployed, you should be fine.

The cops in Rutherford County have NOT been told to stand down and let them act up.  Cops are going to be PRO active here.  Way too many Lawyers offices on the square that might get damaged that have influence to keep actions calm.

Heck one current Judge owns Jack Hinson's (Famous Confederate sniper) original Civil War sniper rifle that was passed down to him from in the family and had it in the Court House in his office.  Another Judge has a German G-43 sniper rifle his uncle brought back from WW2.  Works good now after I replaced its recoil spring.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:49:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just that Antifa better beware of the whites they attack as a BUNCH are going to be undercover cops trying to blend in to watch BOTH sides.  

From what I have been told as long as you are not in between the groups or down wind of any tear gas deployed, you should be fine.

The cops in Rutherford County have NOT been told to stand down and let them act up.  Cops are going to be PRO active here.  Way too many Lawyers offices on the square that might get damaged that have influence to keep actions calm.

Heck one current Judge owns Jack Hinson's (Famous Confederate sniper) original Civil War sniper rifle that was passed down to him from in the family and had it in the Court House in his office.  Another Judge has a German G-43 sniper rifle his uncle brought back from WW2.  Works good now after I replaced its recoil spring.
View Quote
Thanks.

I'm still "rolling heavy" to work that day.  Gonna toss the plate carrier, helmet , and "good" rifle in the truck.  Better to have and not need...
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:35:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn. Wished I was living back in Mboro now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn. Wished I was living back in Mboro now.
View Quote
Traffic around the NW Broad/Memorial intersection got messed up by construction that was supposed to eventually improve it.

Northfield got repaved (at least part of it), so it's not like driving on ice when it gets a few drops of rain on it, but they left that special slick pavement on some of the side roads, so pulling out onto Northfield can still be... exciting, when it's a little wet.

Stop light cameras ended up losing money, so they took them down, then put different ones (that don't seem to be playing "gotcha" games with the light timing) up.

City government seems to still want big city government control of just about anything and everything.

And you want to move back to that?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Traffic around the NW Broad/Memorial intersection got messed up by construction that was supposed to eventually improve it.

Northfield got repaved (at least part of it), so it's not like driving on ice when it gets a few drops of rain on it, but they left that special slick pavement on some of the side roads, so pulling out onto Northfield can still be... exciting, when it's a little wet.

Stop light cameras ended up losing money, so they took them down, then put different ones (that don't seem to be playing "gotcha" games with the light timing) up.

City government seems to still want big city government control of just about anything and everything.

And you want to move back to that?
View Quote
My least favorite intersections are the ones on Old Fort, especially the one where Target and Wal-Mart are located. Those little access roads which run to Chik-Fil-A and Old Chicago on one side, and Wal-mart and Home Depot on the other side, turn people into idiots who don't know how to drive.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My least favorite intersections are the ones on Old Fort, especially the one where Target and Wal-Mart are located. Those little access roads which run to Chik-Fil-A and Old Chicago on one side, and Wal-mart and Home Depot on the other side, turn people into idiots who don't know how to drive.
View Quote
I've avoided that area for so long, I had forgotten about how bad it was.  Last time I was down that way, it was to go to the new Harbor Freight.  Even getting in and out of there was enough to make me want to avoid going back.  Well, that and the mess at Memorial/NW Broad.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh boy!!!!  Glad I'll be out of state this weekend lol Making other newspapers now.  http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2017/10/23/white-lives-matter-white-nationalist-groups-rally-tennessee/792726001/
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Antifa is evidently upping the ante.........

https://www.google.com/search?q=crisis+actors+needed+Shelbyville&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS765US765&oq=crisis+actors+needed+Shelbyville&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If they get as far as my yard I have something for BOTH sides.  It is a couple of CS grenades I 'found'.  Now only will it make them cry, it will have them puking also!  LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 12:55:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I miss the Boro sometimes. Toots always had a great philly, and it was nice to be able to do things at all hours.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I miss the Boro sometimes. Toots always had a great philly, and it was nice to be able to do things at all hours.
View Quote
And now there are three Toots in Rutherford County.  Two in the Boro and one in Smyrna.  The Philly is still good and the best in the Boro.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]
MTSU cancelled a major high school marching band competition scheduled for Saturday as a security precaution.

The contest has been held for more than 50 years.

I just hope local LE handles the M'boro and Shelbyville events like professionals and not political pawns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top