Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2017 10:01:01 PM EDT
Man my cable service is sucking for the last two days! Dialup speeds at best with frequent stoppages. This "package" with internet, land line phone, and cable TV sucks ass!

Anybody else? Lincoln county.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Knox County and Spectrum has been pretty good in the 5 months I've had it.  I have the basic internet/phone/tv package and it's been consistent so far.  Your issue may be related to local cable issues.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it looks like they are having intermittent issues. The cable TV worked last night but the internet and phone was down.

Now it's all working but slow on the internet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a Charter truck working out around Flintville (Howell Hill Road and Brighton Road areas) today, so maybe they're fixing your issues.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My sister's internet was dead, Monday, but her cable TV (both through comcast) was fine.  Haven't heard how it's been doing, since then.

This evening, I've lost track of how many times my internet and phone (also comcast) have gone dead, then come back in half an hour or so.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have Charter and am around Blount/Knox.

Everything was going very slowly from this past Sunday morning, the 1st until 2nd Oct. TV service was Charter was also sluggish/non-existent. Everything has been fine for me since Monday though, so I never had a chance to make any calls.

Hope all else clears up on your end.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 11:33:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Talked to my sister, this afternoon.  

She kept getting a recording (when she would call Comcast) saying that there was an outage in her area and they were working to fix it, then today she didn't get the recording.  Comcast tech support told her that it was a planned outage for a software upgrade.  They explained that customers could be expected to have the problems that I was seeing yesterday (explains why my internet and phone were messed up, but are now fine).  She explained that their update and "planned outage" (that they didn't bother to tell customers about) had completely shut her internet off for several days.

They tried a few things, then told her that her modem wouldn't work with the new software (modem rented from them, not owned by her) and that she would have to take it to their store and exchange it for a new one.  She flipped out on them and chewed them out.  I really hope they weren't stupid enough to try to bullshit her about the software issue, since she got started in software when computers still used punch cards and retired a few years ago (plenty of experience with software, systems analysis, tech support, teaching classes for users of the software, etc).

An hour later, with no further calls from her, they somehow had her outdated (two years old) modem working just fine with the new software.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top