Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 4:18:00 PM EDT
I'm originally from Mississippi, but I live in Knoxville right now.  I may have a really good job offer near Georgetown Germantown. (the actual location of the job is on Primacy Parkway - http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Primacy+Parkway,+Memphis,+TN&sll=35.096113,-89.86179&sspn=0.007848,0.021136&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Primacy+Pkwy,+Memphis,+Shelby,+Tennessee+38119&z=15 )

I know some will answer "nowhere" , but I'd like to know a place to look at while I'm in Memphis for the weekend.  Any advice is appreciated!  

Also advice on where not to look is appreciated.

updated question:  Does anyone know anything good or bad about "Orchards of Collierville Apartments" or this area?

They're located here:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=400+Orchard+Circle+West,+Collierville,+TN&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.444078,114.169922&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=400+Orchard+Cir+W,+Collierville,+Shelby,+Tennessee+38017&ll=35.050639,-89.698327&spn=0.012577,0.027874&z=16
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend either Bailey Creek Apartments or Madison Apartments in Collierville.  It's a convenient drive to Primacy Parkway if you take Hwy 385 to Ridgeway.

Stay away from anything around Hacks Cross and Winchester.

The last I heard, Hunters Bluff and Kirby Station were ok, but I'm not 100% sure.  Both of those are at Poplar and Kirby.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I am at the Greens At Irene at Hacks and Shelby.  It is still a pretty decent complex with good parking.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Boy am I glad I asked this question.  I'm at a hotel near Hacks Cross, and it looked like a decent area.

Thanks for the info guys; I'll try to get around to those places today.  I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am at the Greens At Irene at Hacks and Shelby.  It is still a pretty decent complex with good parking.

Is there much crime?  Anyone around you complain about things like cars getting broken into?
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a new apartment complex at Forest Hill Irene and 385 that you might want to check out.  Looks like it is pretty nice from the outside and there is not much around that place to attract a bad element.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:58:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks! I'm headed over that way to check it out now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Might check out this link if you want to look at some crime stats. https://crimemapper.memphispolice.org/crimemapper/index.cfm
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Kirby Station is nice. I lived there before. There is another new complex in Germantown off of Wolf River Blvd that is pretty nice, but the name escapes me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I went by there.  I think it's by far the best deal going, but my wife doesn't like it for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boy am I glad I asked this question.  I'm at a hotel near Hacks Cross, and it looked like a decent area.

Thanks for the info guys; I'll try to get around to those places today.  I really appreciate it!

Should have told us you were coming, man!

Range trip, anyone?

Left most of my guns and brought my mother-in-law.  If this job works out, you guys are going to have to show me where to buy guns and where to shoot some day.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went by there.  I think it's by far the best deal going, but my wife doesn't like it for some reason.

The main thing to look for around here is parking.  I've been in too many apts around here where there is not enough parking for all the occupants of the building.  It really sucks to come in after a late shift only to discover that you have to leave your car a couple of buildings over.  Make sure that you look at apartments on weekend evenings or week day evenings after people get home from work to get a handle on the parking situation.  

The real pluses for my apartment out here is that Shelby County patrols out here.  At any time of the day you can normally find a cruiser or 2 at the exxon at Hacks and Shelby.  And the Ambulance service actually bases a rig out of one of the apartments near the Hacks entrance.  

The big negative is that they run their own cable service here and you cannot get AT&T's Uverse.  

If she doesnt like it out here.  I would definitley recomend checking out some of the apartments out by Fedex in Collierville.  I would stay way from anyplace in Memphis.  I would also shy away from the complexes out in Cordova, they are perfectly nice but traffic is killer on Germantown or Walnut Grove during rush hour.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Before you pick one, ride thru the complexes at different times and days. What looks like a great place (newer buildings and great landscaping) can change drastically after 5 or 6pm. and look at the vehicles you see parked there.  If the complex is in the city go to the Memphis Police Dept website and click on "Crime Tracker" follow the on screen directions to find out number/types of crime where your looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top